GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Borla Catback with catless downpipe.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Is there anyone on here with the Borla catback with some type of catless downpipe? Would like to know if it's stupid loud or not... Also if someone is near the 616 Grand Rapids Michigan area with just a Borla catback I would like to hear it in person, I just don't think the youtube videos do the exhaust justice to how it sounds..

thanks!!!

411big

Ready to race!
I had a the Billy boat high flow cat DP with a borla CB and I can tell you from experience it will be pretty loud, my set up was really loud at WOT and at the power band but not to bad at low rpm

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Ok, thanks! I'm looking at the Godspeed dp and it's just dirt cheap! Everywhere I go no one has had many issues with it, and the borla just sounds too damned good to not get it!! Do you have a video of your exhaust?

SVTunit

Ready to race!
Is there anyone on here with the Borla catback with some type of catless downpipe? Would like to know if it's stupid loud or not... Also if someone is near the 616 Grand Rapids Michigan area with just a Borla catback I would like to hear it in person, I just don't think the youtube videos do the exhaust justice to how it sounds..

thanks!!!

I have a K04, Billy Bob high flow catted down pipe with the Borla exhaust and it is LOUD under full throttle! Sounds awesome at idle though. I am thinking about adding a resonator inline because it's too loud. BTW I am in Dexter outside of Ann Arbor.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I have a K04, Billy Bob high flow catted down pipe with the Borla exhaust and it is LOUD under full throttle! Sounds awesome at idle though. I am thinking about adding a resonator inline because it's too loud. BTW I am in Dexter outside of Ann Arbor.

So what I should do is shoot for a catted downpipe right? lol, do you have a video of the exhaust?

magnessr

Ready to race!
I'd be interested in hearing the exhaust as well. I have a 42DD downpipe (no cat/with resonator) and want to add a Borla catback. I am also worried about volume once the catback is installed.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I'd be interested in hearing the exhaust as well. I have a 42DD downpipe (no cat/with resonator) and want to add a Borla catback. I am also worried about volume once the catback is installed.

I think that would sound pretty awesome!! Wish I had the money to do something like that! I'm in college so my budget is limited until the summer when I work a stupid amount of hours lol

BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

Ready to race!
ULTIMATE RACER 3" down pipe with 300 cell cat (fake cat) and Borla catback exhaust.

Loud after install and REALLY LOUD 2 1/2 years later.

I would get a 3" downpipe and keep stock catback exhaust if I were to do over.

"LOUD" is only fun for a few months then it becomes very annoying.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
ULTIMATE RACER 3" down pipe with 300 cell cat (fake cat) and Borla catback exhaust.

Loud after install and REALLY LOUD 2 1/2 years later.

I would get a 3" downpipe and keep stock catback exhaust if I were to do over.

"LOUD" is only fun for a few months then it becomes very annoying.

I'm 20 and kind of a tool (I admitted it... lol) so I want loud! lol, do you have a video of your exhaust you could post please?

BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

Ready to race!
No I don't have video, but you can search here and on YouTube. There a few videos of the Borla exhaust.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Bringing this back. Hopefully someone can answer my question. Ive had a borla catback for the last few months and im getting ready to go stage2 soon so i just bought a CTS catless downpipe, does anyone know if this DP will match the catback without any problems? I know it will be probably dumb loud but will it fit without cutting anything?

songyun

Ready to race!
any video ? i knew borla is gonna be very loud. but i dont have a chance to experience it. thats why i chose magnaflow. but still a bit loud for me once my downpipe installed lol

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Bringing this back. Hopefully someone can answer my question. Ive had a borla catback for the last few months and im getting ready to go stage2 soon so i just bought a CTS catless downpipe, does anyone know if this DP will match the catback without any problems? I know it will be probably dumb loud but will it fit without cutting anything?

return the CTS downpipe and buy a godspeed catless one for like $250 cheaper, lol. I had zero install issues.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
any video ? i knew borla is gonna be very loud. but i dont have a chance to experience it. thats why i chose magnaflow. but still a bit loud for me once my downpipe installed lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuk8OzstGVU&feature=youtu.be

i didn't think the magnaflow was loud at all lol, my exhaust echoes off buildings, other cars, sets car alarms off, etc lol. it's my taste so it works for me, if you like being pretty much the loudest car on the street, then it's perfect for you.