GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dude's R Build

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
The steering wheel removal and airbag are both super easy. Don't worry about it.

I was worried too when I switched my paddles, but it was no biggie :)

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
The steering wheel removal and airbag are both super easy. Don't worry about it.

I was worried too when I switched my paddles, but it was no biggie :)

Do you have Kessy?

edit: nvm... saw a pic in your build with the key. Nice build man. With kessy, I'll have to unlock the wheel and then disconnect the battery to do the steering wheel swap.

Last edited:

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Productive day. Got the new wheel in:D

^Feels good. I like better than I thought I would.

Also, did some vag coding with my buddies mk7.

We disabled his soundaktor, did windows up/down with key FOB, and made DRL's active with turn signal (he has lighting package). Then we took a cruise and snapped some shots.

McQueen77

Banned
nice work. how difficult was it?

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
so where did you get that wheel?

I guess you missed my ninja post haha.

nice work. how difficult was it?

Yeah, that airbag was bitch man. The clips are tough. What I had to do was use the front facing camera of a phone and position it to see what I was doing with the airbag clip. I have no idea how people can do it just by feel. Even when I could see what I was doing I just didn't seem to have the right touch. It took about 15 minutes of trying to get the first clip. After that it was easy.

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
man, that raceseng knob with leather is awesome. only reason why i haven't pulled the trigger on one. I like the feel of leather and flows with the rest of the autobahn interior.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
How dare you trust another dealer around here that isn't me!
I lied. I really don't trust them all that much;)

man, that raceseng knob with leather is awesome. only reason why i haven't pulled the trigger on one. I like the feel of leather and flows with the rest of the autobahn interior.

The inside scoop is that they are working on leather covers for their whole "ology" line of knobs. I may be lucky enough to be a beta tester. I'll update when I know more.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Last night I pulled out the VWR Short Shifter and put the Spulen one in. Side-to-side action is much improved...well, shorter anyway... I shouldn't say "improved" because this is all a matter of personal preference. To be honest, I am not sure I like the shorter fore-aft throws. I can't pinpoint it but something just feels a little less, I don't know, lighter, or... I'll do some more driving with it to try and articulate what I thought I felt in the few miles I drove last night.

On a side note, now that I have done this a few times I no longer need to remove the battery for short shift installs.:D