GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any opinion on this setup?

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
I looked into that when I was getting ready to upgrade. I decided against it because I couldn't find any info on who makes the shocks.

It's a good deal compared to other setups (which is a little odd for VWR). I think a few people over on Vortex are running it, might be worth checking over there for reviews.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah, racingline. They used to be VWR, but had to change their name. As far as I know Eibach makes both the DG springs and the Racingline springs.

Given the choice, I would buy that Koni/Eibach kit over the Racingline kit.

trill

Passed Driver's Ed
Choice comes down to progressive vs linear.

I'm under the impression VWR are linear, and the Eibachs are progressive. Now, I'm not 100% certain how that affects ride quality, but I know it does help

Also, which Eibachs are in this kit?

Last edited:

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Choice comes down to progressive vs linear.

I'm under the impression VWR are linear, and the Eibachs are progressive. Now, I'm not 100% certain how that affects ride quality, but I know it does help

Also, which Eibachs are in this kit?

you can tell from the pictures those eibachs are linear not progressive. progressive springs have a 2 stage coil rate. I bet theyre exactly like the DGs

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i'd go with the kit with koni yellows for 675.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
you can tell from the pictures those eibachs are linear not progressive. progressive springs have a 2 stage coil rate. I bet theyre exactly like the DGs

No...those are progressive. (the tighter wound dead coils are on the bottom & the fronts have the rubber on them to prevent the dead coils from rubbing/hitting each other & making noise)

Look like the Pro-Kit springs, IMO

Beej1

Ready to race!
I just happened to have my Koni yellows and Eibach Pro kit springs off the car last weekend. Pic below. It's a fantastic combination. It's a pretty significant drop (more than they say)...probably around 2". Koni yellows have a very smooth ride to them. I run half stiff on the rear, and 3/4 stiff on the front, and it's a smoother ride than stock. It's a great compromise for a responsive, but comfortable ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk