GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 08-31-2017, 10:23 PM   #1
JISUN_GTI
Ready to race!

Drives: 13 GTI wolfsburg edition
Selling a car STOCK VS MODD

i am planing to sell my car by 2017.

i was looking for part out but labor fee was too much

so i rather sell with all part

but how much you guys willing to purchase?

would you guys rather purchase stock or mod?

i have

APR Stage 2 ECU TUNED
APR TCU TUNED
APR FRONT&REAR INTAKE(2017 NEW)
APR DOWNPIPE
APR INTERCOOLER

FULL AIRLIFT
19" ROTIFORM KPS WHEEL SET (Michelin PSS Tire 90%) Current
18" Laguna Wheel Set (Michelin PS3+ 70%)

Golf R Front Bumper
Carbon Fiber extended Wings
Custom Quad Exhaust Tip

Currently 42K Mile(DSG Oil Change Done 40K)
Oil change Every 5K with Liquy Moly Oil
Done All maintained up to date.
2014 GTI Autobanh
No Accident
1 Owner

* im not APR Fanboy, dealer was close by and i just got good deal on them.
* i have ALL the Paper work
Old 08-31-2017, 10:44 PM   #2
SnailPower
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2014 GTI Wolfs CSG 4DR MT
Everyone wants to buy a car stock because in most cases you can believe it wasn't beat on already and has the platform to be carved into what they want. Buying a modded car is like taking someone else's vision and trying to rock it.

I'm not saying buying modded always is a bad thing because in most cases, you are getting a better deal where the parts come included but the dealer isn't charging you completely for them because they don't even know exactly what is on the car.

I think as a seller, you can make more money obviously selling it stock, OR as you did, listing the parts involved, being honest and upfront to a potential buyer and they might give you moreso what it is worth with the parts included.
Internal : APR Fully loaded Stage 2 tune - Soundaktor Delete - Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Short Shifter - R8 Coils - ECS Dogbone Mount Insert - GFB DV+ - NGP Type I Coilovers - KMD Tuning Front Stress Bar - WhiteLine Endlinks - IE CAI - EuroJet DP - Magna Flow Exhaust
External : H8 Pure Yellow Fog Bulbs - 20% All Around Tints - ECS JOM Euro Style Badgeless Grille - Splash Guards (-5hp )
SnailPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:46 PM   #3
whitewolf33
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2013 CW Wolfsburg
If you cant remove any of the items on your own and you need to pay for labor, I say sell the rotiforms separately and the car as is. Its more then likely you wont make back the money spent on mods no matter how you decide to sell them. The money you'll make selling the parts separately will be just making the money back spent on labor.

if you can remove parts on your own though Id consider still selling the car as a stage 2 vehicle but remove and sell the intercooler, R bumper, rear intake pipe, carbon fiber pieces
Old 08-31-2017, 11:51 PM   #4
webbry4
Oval Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn IE Stage 2
Selling a car STOCK VS MODD

Depending on color I'll take the R bumper lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
webbry4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:01 AM   #5
Renck
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI Autobahn + 2017 GTI SE
How much are you asking for?

Is that Gwinnett, GA?
Renck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:34 PM   #6
Pre95
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 10 GTI DSG, 83 URQ
Generally selling a modified car puts you in to a niche market of where commuters will discard wanting to purchase your vehicle because as described above, most people feel if someone modified their car they were driving it harder (or question workmanship, aftermarket part reliability, etc). It's best to return the car to as stock as possible, sell the mods 2nd hand, and list the car on it's own.
Pre95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:31 PM   #7
zrickety
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
Cars are like houses, you don't always get money for the improvements but to the right buyer they are a plus. I wouldn't bother pulling and swapping parts hoping to make an extra $1000 or whatever. GTI by definition is an enthusiast car, people want performance. Stage 2, intercooler, pipes, etc all are bonus.
NADA is a good place to look up values...dealer price for your car would be $18k. You can expect $15-16 if you trade and anywhere in the middle if you sell privately. A cloth interior stock GTI near me with the same miles is $16k at the dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:32 PM   #8
BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: SOLD-2011 2dr mt cw GTI
First, you never get the money back from mods made.

Second, modified cars sell for much less than stock cars. Dealers wouldn't even look at mine when I was selling.

Best thing is if you can replace as much stock parts as possible and don't mention any mods left on when selling.

Modified cars are financial disasters. After selling my GTI for a big loss two years ago I finally replaced it with a new Mazda MX-5 Miata which I will keep stock.
APR stage 2 ecu, APR Carbonio stage 1+2 intake, UR downpipe, Borla catback, S3 intercooler, AWE turbo outlet pipe, HST RSR clutch, Neuspeed short shifter, NSP boost gauge, BFI stage 2 torque arm insert, Hotchkis 27mm front/rear swaybars, Koni Sport struts/shocks, VW Driver Gear springs, Stoptech pads, Tyrol Sport caliper bushings, Neuspeed RS12 wheels, Mich. PSS.
BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:05 AM   #9
Turbosharef
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 4DR CW MK6 GTI 6MT
To sell a heavily modded car is one thing, you have to appeal to a certain small market that wants an already complete modded cars, those people are hard to find but they are out there. for your car specifically though, other than the air ride it is lightly modded in my opinion with mods that someone would probably do anyways. i would try to sell it as a complete unit if you're not in a rush , im sure it will sell.
Turbosharef is offline   Reply With Quote