GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Das Build.

vw4evan

Passed Driver's Ed

TWITTER@DasBuild | FACEBOOK Das Build. | EMAIL Das Build.

I purchased my candy white GTi in Ocbober 2009. Then I won APR's raffle to kick my pony up a few more... ponies. 370 ponies to be exact. This is where it gets fun. Dean Futrell of Futrell Autowerks, has offered to install the kit for free, thus inspiring a cross-country journey. The guys from APTuning and Redline Speed Worx have also offered their services on peripheral item installs (FMIC, LSD, Clutch, Brakes, Suspension). Since this has drawn so much attention, PerformanceVW magazine has requested exclusive rights to print this story.

To do this right I've asked the assistance of my friend (NYU film school graduate), myself (photography/graphic designer), and anybody else that can be of assistance on this forum to document this process from start to finíto.

The goal is not only to visually portray the changes, but to collect raw data, show how this upgrade directly changes the performance of this car, AND TO LET YOU GUYS RIDE IN IT!

After I finish the upgrade, this car has some entertaining contenders : Ferrari F430, Porsche GT3, Corvette C6 (tuned), Nissan 350Z (500+hp), '09 Subaru WRX and a Ducati 848.

As I'm planning more and more for this trip I find myself curious how many westerners are interested/have plans to go to waterfest. Furthermore, how many of you would be interested in a cross-country rally with me? If this is something you're interested in, please let me know-I'm trying to arrange get-togethers in multiple cities and a large gathering is what I'm bringing to the table.

PLEASE JOIN THE FACEBOOK FAN PAGE FOR MORE INFO, DATES AND LOCATIONS Oh, and since forums won't support race videos, they are featured on the Facebook page too.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/...=wall

*************WILL BOOST FOR FOOD***************
IF YOU LIVE ENROUTE TO THE LOCATIONS, ANY REST STOPS WILL BE APPRECIATED/REWARDED WITH A RIDE. PLEASE PM ME IF YOU'RE WILLING TO OFFER SOME MILK AND COOKIES FOR WEARY TRAVELERS.
If I am slow to respond to your offer, please give it time; I will eventually get to you.

Here are some photos, videos and graphs of the GTI and build thus far...

THE GTI

THE KIT UPON ARRIVAL

THE INTAKE

I got a chance to get the car out in this cold and plugged it in for some data logging. Here are some graphs to base the pre-upgrade performance of the car. The final graph is not a dyno.

Here are some shots of the Dyno day at APTuning in Lebanon PA. We did multiple pulls, including two testing some upcoming software which focuses on increased top-end performance, and better fuel efficiency. Video Here.

Thanks again to Tom and the guys from APTuning for running the GTI

Last edited:

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
Congrats man, can't wait for more updates.

vw4evan

Passed Driver's Ed
i would offer a philly pit stop, but if you are leaving from Lemoyne that seems like you wont need it!

I appreciate the offer. Being that you're within 2 hours from Harrisburg, you should get a bunch of friends and cruise out to the kickoff event.

Oh, and guys.. please please please join the Facebook fanpage to keep yourselves better updated on events and to help me track the interest of this build. THANKS

jgs5607

Ready to race!
Congrats. Looking forward to updates. With Stage 3 power you will need Tire Rack to donate some extra front tires:lol:

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
wow you lucky son of a bitch! haha congrats. is it a stick or DSG?

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
whoah 370 ponies on a fwd? sounds scary lol but good, good luck on the build can't wait to see for the results