GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 center console in mk6??

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
So, I have a deep seated hatred for the center console in my 2012 autobahn. The mdi input is completely useless to me, and the lack of any real storage is pointless. My phone doesn't fit anywhere. I do like the arm rest, but that is about it. I have seen that the mk5 had a huge storage area, and it looks like the mk7 has a fairly sizeable one as well. I know the color of the plastic is drastically different on the mk5 vs the mk6. Not sure on the color of the mk7 vs mk6. I am just looking for any options to have actual usable space here. I have seen some of these cheap drop in trays for the mk6, but I have no idea what mk6 they are supposed to fit. In mine there is 2 separate slots, not 1 large one so it wouldn't fit. Not only that, but even if I cut it to combine them, the trays are not the right size according to the measurements listed. Any suggestions would be great!

JayJayTheJetPlane

Ready to race!
That center arm rest "storage" is so pointless, the ONLY thing i hate interior wise is this....i also realized that on these storage cubbies they sell, mine is not one piece its two seperate ones nothing fits in them, i have a travel size bottle of lotion/sanitizer and thats all that fit lol

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
dude take that whole module out and get something like this and put the cubby part, what theyre calling a pocket in the hole. A 1 din "pocket" fits there perfectly and it gives you 4 times the storage. It made me so happy to get rid of that trash.

this is the part i used
EBAY
2002-08 Audi A4 S4 Car Stereo Radio Single 1 Din Dash Install Mount Kit w/Pocket
( 331941597624 )

gdub09

Ready to race!
I agree with the storage space, its there but it's poorly placed. The door trays are massive so you can fit a lot of stuff in them but I miss having my dash tray above the radio in my MK5. You could look into getting the dash cubby that's to the lower left of the steering wheel or the under seat trays. Otherwise there isn't many options for storage.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
dude take that whole module out and get something like this and put the cubby part, what theyre calling a pocket in the hole. A 1 din "pocket" fits there perfectly and it gives you 4 times the storage. It made me so happy to get rid of that trash.

this is the part i used
EBAY
2002-08 Audi A4 S4 Car Stereo Radio Single 1 Din Dash Install Mount Kit w/Pocket
( 331941597624 )

WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THIS!!

Total save there man, I removed the module itself a while back since I had no use for it, but the awkward deep hole it left behind is useless with all the sharp edges and more holes for bolts & etc. Totally getting this and that will definitely solve my issue.

Thanks!

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THIS!!

Total save there man, I removed the module itself a while back since I had no use for it, but the awkward deep hole it left behind is useless with all the sharp edges and more holes for bolts & etc. Totally getting this and that will definitely solve my issue.

Thanks!

its the best. lol nobody believes me because its not a common fix but it fits ALMOST oem tight. Plus you can store stuff like gloves and microfiber cloths UNDER the tray in the hole and you just have to lift it out to grab them.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion