GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got a few questions for those who has AWE cat-back

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
i'd check all the clamps for any leaks, rotate any of them if needed. Do you ever get any rattling in the rear hatch or anything? something is definitely off with it.

mk6jay

Ready to race!
right? I have the ecstuning dogbone insert so the rattling I get inside the cabin is from that lol. but I will either switch all the clamps to something better or get back in touch with AWE tuning and show them the video and see what they can do.

madbikes

Ready to race!
I tried to tuck the tips back in bit by bit and there is some change in loundness. Can't wait for the Carbonio intake to come in on Tuesday and work on it.

Here's a quick drive-by clip I did earlier.

madbikes

Ready to race!

mk6jay

Ready to race!
wow your drive by sounds awesome. I'm yet to do a drive by video of mine.
but yea its super weird. I emailed John at AWEtuning. maybe he can help me out with my issue. maybe it could be a defect in the resonator or muffler.

This is strange... Too quiet lol. It almost sounded like the Tsudo cat-back.

madbikes

Ready to race!
Now you got me thinking. Does your sound that quiet too when you drive around too? When did you get yours?

Redslumber

Ready to race!
Hmm..I feel like mine drones pretty loudly at low rpms. If that what your problem is too

scoobasteve11

Ready to race!
Congrats on the exhaust! I'm debating on getting one as well or saving up for a street bike haha. Let me know if ya still need help with the CAI wed. Im wanting to clean my filter as well

mk6jay

Ready to race!
I got it almost a year ago. but its sounded like that since a week after i installed it. I took it apart and put it back together a couple months ago. same shit.

and you know what. its the opposite. Its pretty damn loud at high rpms. and is a LOT louder then the AWEtuning interior exhaust video. at 00:40 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5-Xzx7qpuY

Now you got me thinking. Does your sound that quiet too when you drive around too? When did you get yours?

i have been thinking.. I want the gti sorta look but i want the awe left side dual exhaust sound... is there anyway to have a cool exhaust, with good sound? Maybe have something custom made? like the r32 middle set up? i dont like the r20 valance the exhaust looks tiny.. i like this..

Lucidentropy

Ready to race!
The sound from this exhaust is absolutely awesome, no drone at freeway speeds ... it roars when you put your foot in it ... to my ears it sounds real close to the MkIV R32 exhaust. Even the GTi boys turn their heads when I'm romping on the throttle. :thumbup:

This is one of the main reasons I'm interested in the AWE Catback over all the other exhausts.