GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can I download Navigation Software anywhere?

reedsposer22

Ready to race!
Hi, I have the navigation on my '12 autobahn, I have the RNS315 navigation unit, and VW wants $200 dollars to download the Version 5 (V5) update!

Does anyone know a torrent site, any link to download navigation updates for free?

Thanks!

Wolf359

Passed Driver's Ed
My understanding is that when the map updates are purchased for the 315, they are on an SD card. Once that SD card is put into an RNS-315, it is forever "locked" to that particular headunit and cannot be re-used.

At least, that's what I've gathered from my own research on this subject.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I think $200 to update your maps is ridiculous! My 315 still has V1. I know a couple of members shelled out the dough to update, but like Wolf said the update comes on an SD card straight from VW. Once the update is uploaded it can be used again. That would be nice if there was a hack to update maps, but I dont think there is one.

reedsposer22

Ready to race!
I think $200 to update your maps is ridiculous! My 315 still has V1. I know a couple of members shelled out the dough to update, but like Wolf said the update comes on an SD card straight from VW. Once the update is uploaded it can be used again. That would be nice if there was a hack to update maps, but I dont think there is one.

thanks for the help! I thought someone would have a cracked version!

sigtau88

IGO Navteq

I see that the maps in the VW RNS 315 system is made by Navteq. Do you think the iGO R3 map update by Navteq will work for the update?

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I see that the maps in the VW RNS 315 system is made by Navteq. Do you think the iGO R3 map update by Navteq will work for the update?

Try it and let us know :word:

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
I too am still on V1 on my RNS 315. First car I've had nav in and not about to spend $200 to update. Curious as well if it's just a road update or an overhaul because the current version sucks pretty bad. I've searched for torrents before and found nothing.

DanielToombs

Passed Driver's Ed
I sprung for the new update. Just a map update, no overhaul.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
I rarely use my Nav these days. Or use it while I have my Google Maps going also. The built in Nav likes to take the strangest routes to get me to the freeway or destination. Yes I'll get there but it really likes side roads that aren't paved or taking city streets instead of a fast boulevard to the freeway.

ViR

The Russian
Normally I wouldnt care either, but my house is in new subdivision (2 years) and I'm not on the map so I cant set "Home" :(
Torrent would be nice.. can't you clone the SD card? Sure this one locks, but instead of reading it to the Nav, read to a PC and make a copy..