GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

downpipes

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I like the big resonators that Ultimate Racing uses.

Nice and quiet and stealthy, they will also build you a downpipe with 2 resonators and a cat, which piques my interest.

Is 2 resonators really going to make a difference over 1?

butchered by autocorrecr

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
this is the route i'm going, supposedly very similar in sound and construction to the old Eurojet downpipes back when they made quality parts.

I'm doing a catless and non res version though.

I think the harder decision is an intake IMO.

Purchased a used one yesterday, hope to get it installed in early march with the 42dd o2 spacer. Had this combo on my mkv GTI and absolutely loved it.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
^ that makes sense. When I get a dp I'd like it to be marginally louder than stock but only under full throttle. Going res+400cell cat should get me there I think.

butchered by autocorrecr

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
I am unfamiliar with the Eurojet situation people keep referencing as far as not making quality products anymore, but does anyone have the modular down pipe? Seems like a great option for emissions testing.

Josh@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
Brett, reach out to users Mike/RAREHARE and nimda and pick their brains for their two cents regarding sound and lack of drone. There are others running the DP kit, but these two were the ones I thought of off the top of my head.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
OP, from a performance (and for that matter sound) stand point there is little to no difference between any of the myriad of 3" Down Pipes on the market. Price, build quality, and materials are the main differences. The three you listed are generally well represented among the community so I would say you would be safe with any of them.

If I were you I would reccomend planning ahead for what TBE you like the best and then get that Down Pipe. That way you will generally get a better fit for assembly and sound.

JP

Last edited: