GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust installation price

golfpro2112

Passed Driver's Ed
So I just pulled the trigger and ordered a Magnaflow Cat Back exhaust system. Found the info on another thread. $486.17 shipped. Should I have the tuner do the install or is it a simple enough job that a Meineke or other shop could do and what can I expect to pay for the service? Thx

golfpro2112

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds like you had a bad experience there?!?

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
If you have some ramps or jack stands and a socket set, it's like an afternoon job. Plus you can spend as much time as you want adjusting it.

I went to Meineke years ago for a CB install on a A4 and they charged like 50 labor. But it was also installed unevenly and they chipped my bumper. So be careful I guess.

golfpro2112

Passed Driver's Ed
I called them to get a quote on a installation for my springs, They quote my $360.00 :eek:
Then i called Wolfcars in Doral and they quote my $200.00 :thumbsup:

who did your TBE?

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
If you have some ramps or jack stands and a socket set, it's like an afternoon job. Plus you can spend as much time as you want adjusting it.

If you have some ramps and a socket set (and some PB Blaster) it is a 20 min job. Soooo easy. Once you crawl under there, you will see.

Before you start spray (with PB Blaster) the nuts/bolts on the stock sleeve that connects your catback to your downpipe....and spray the rubber exhaust hangers so the stock catback hangers will pop out real easy.

Installing a catback is extremely easy for anyone. Dont waste your money paying someone to do it.

Installing a downpipe is another story.

golfpro2112

Passed Driver's Ed
If you have some ramps and a socket set (and some PB Blaster) it is a 20 min job. Soooo easy. Once you crawl under there, you will see.

Before you start spray (with PB Blaster) the nuts/bolts on the stock sleeve that connects your catback to your downpipe....and spray the rubber exhaust hangers so the stock catback hangers will pop out real easy.

Installing a catback is extremely easy for anyone. Dont waste your money paying someone to do it.

Thanks. I'll have to go out and buy ramps though!

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion

It's true. Maybe not 20 minutes, but definitely less than an hour. My first time it took a couple hours mostly adjusting. After getting comfortable under the car, the downpipe actually took me less time than my initial cat back, but admittedly it was a lot tougher.

Thanks. I'll have to go out and buy ramps though!

Get these: Blitz Rhino Ramps 12000

They're wider than the 8000's which will let you get on if you have wider aftermarket rims. And if you're stock height, you can go forward or back up on to them no problem. Really useful whenever you need to do any work that doesn't require you to remove your wheels.

golfpro2112

Passed Driver's Ed
It's true. Maybe not 20 minutes, but definitely less than an hour. My first time it took a couple hours mostly adjusting. After getting comfortable under the car, the downpipe actually took me less time than my initial cat back, but admittedly it was a lot tougher.

Get these: Blitz Rhino Ramps 12000

They're wider than the 8000's which will let you get on if you have wider aftermarket rims. And if you're stock height, you can go forward or back up on to them no problem. Really useful whenever you need to do any work that doesn't require you to remove your wheels.

Thanks for the info:)

vald1990

Passed Driver's Ed
do it yourself, that particular exhaust is so easy to put in, took me litterly like 20 minutes, most of which was trying to get the tips straight, not worth giving some garage $150-200 to take a few bolts off and put em back on.

CarolinaBeachGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats on your purchase! The magnaflow sounds awesome. I've been thinking about ordering one of those too, but I think I might start off with the downpipe and Tune first.

Anywho, like the guys mentioned its an easy thing to do, plus its always nice to not only pull up with a new part but be able to say..."Yeahhh.....Just installed it yesterday". Just watch your knuckles.