GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Success stories- removing the front emblem *without* taking off the front grill?

BackToVWs

Ready to race!
I want to know who here successfully took off the VW front emblem, without removing the grill. What do you have to do to prevent breaking the flanges/clips?

isons429

Ready to race!
My 2 cents, if you try to do this without removing the grille the odds that you will break one or more clips is VERY high. It is easy to remove the grille, it is four screws to take out and then you pull the whole grill out. I personally removed the grille to do mine. When you remove it you can see the clips behind the emblem, which makes it much easier to ensure you do not break anything.

BackToVWs

Ready to race!
My 2 cents, if you try to do this without removing the grille the odds that you will break one or more clips is VERY high. It is easy to remove the grille, it is four screws to take out and then you pull the whole grill out. I personally removed the grille to do mine. When you remove it you can see the clips behind the emblem, which makes it much easier to ensure you do not break anything.

alright, I will remove the entire assembly

NinJa LiX

Passed Driver's Ed
I want to know who here successfully took off the VW front emblem, without removing the grill. What do you have to do to prevent breaking the flanges/clips?

removed the front badge without taking off the grill, broke one of the clips on the badge, no biggie, since theres 2 other clips and then u can tape the one side down. going euro badge? ^.^

FiGGy77

Ready to race!
Removing the whole grille and assembly is easier than Removing just the emblem..at least from personal experience....lol

MACDADDY

Ready to race!
Do this

Get your tiny fingers under either side of the badge, and push towards the middle. This will free the clips and the badge will fly forward piercing your chest wall and dissecting your aorta.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
I don't know if the 10's and 11's are different than the 12's, but when I plasti-dipped my front emblem(i drive a '12), I not only had to remove the grill, but also had to continue to dismantle the grill itself once removed from the car. There's a bunch of tabs that need to be released on the backside to do so, but I couldn't see any other way to access the tabs on the emblem itself(without breaking the hell out of everything) without taking this extra step. Easy enough to do, just takes a bit more time. Worth it in my opinion if you want to ensure no breakage...

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
Get your tiny fingers under either side of the badge, and push towards the middle. This will free the clips and the badge will fly forward piercing your chest wall and dissecting your aorta.

:laugh:

if in doubt, just remove the grill. It takes all of 2 minutes max to remove 4 torx screws and pry it out.

Mille170

Ready to race!
As mentioned above it is rather easy to remove the actual grill. I used a popsicle stick to keep each clip unhooked as I worked my way around. It took me a while, but I was able to get everything apart without breaking it.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
As mentioned above it is rather easy to remove the actual grill. I used a popsicle stick to keep each clip unhooked as I worked my way around. It took me a while, but I was able to get everything apart without breaking it.

Popsicle sticks...good call :thumbsup: