GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New here with a question

Jtc411

Hi all, I recently purchased a 2012 autobahn GLI and have been experiencing tons of interior rattles and feel its lacking quality. My question is I'm getting ready to also buy a 2012 GTI and am wondering if the interior quality is any better on the GTI? I've heard that since the GTI is made in Germany and the Jetta in Mexico the GTI might be better built? Any help is appreciated!

RHCPCraze

Ready to race!
I think it varies from car to car. Some people have no issues, some have tons of problems. My car has a squeak from the rear doors when the body flexes, I gave up trying to 'fix' it. I just apply some wet silicon on the weatherstripping once a week.

Bender1

Banned
Missmy nailed it, absolutely varies from car to car.

My GTI has almost no rattles after 50,000 miles. I have had two Jetta loaners recently. One had a few rattles, nothing crazy, but a little. The other has absolutely none, better than my GTI.

It is really specific, car to car. That said, be careful letting the dealer fix it as sometimes things can get worse.

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
I personally don't have any rattles whatsoever, except for when I travel on roads that are heavily choppy, like a road that has construction on it for example, and even then it is light.

VINNY1

Ready to race!
No issues with mine except for the rear washer drip. A trouble free 12,000 miles.

Demer

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine has no problems except a random pop here or there from the passenger door and the the squeal with the window open sucks pretty hard.