GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR or Revo ... sell me

My_Fly_Gti1

Ready to race!
So, even then, your issue with APR is...?
Butt dyno does not approve. Unless you've had both tunes in your car within a week from each other as a comparison then stfu and take off your APR/Revo one sided comparison knee pads.

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
Butt dyno does not approve. Unless you've had both tunes in your car within a week from each other as a comparison then stfu and take off your APR/Revo one sided comparison knee pads.

Have I said anything negative about Revo?? Uh no, I don't think so. I just asked a question to which you're obviously getting overly defensive about. No one is attacking your tuning choice lol If anything, you're attacking your previous choice which obviously was from lack of research on your part, from what you're describing :iono:

BFI screwed up your tune so you switched to Revo. You liked Revo better and stated that their rumored "no customer service" was not true in your case. Good for you. That's all you really needed to say. Going the extra step and throwing out the unnecessary APR bs is not gonna help anyone make an "informed decision".

That's all I'm saying. :thumbsup:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
word.

balls.

My_Fly_Gti1

Ready to race!
Have I said anything negative about Revo?? Uh no, I don't think so. I just asked a question to which you're obviously getting overly defensive about. No one is attacking your tuning choice lol If anything, you're attacking your previous choice which obviously was from lack of research on your part, from what you're describing :iono:

BFI screwed up your tune so you switched to Revo. You liked Revo better and stated that their rumored "no customer service" was not true in your case. Good for you. That's all you really needed to say. Going the extra step and throwing out the unnecessary APR bs is not gonna help anyone make an "informed decision".

That's all I'm saying. :attention_whore:

Isn't that what i said? :iono:

ILUVMYGTi

Passed Driver's Ed
I can't comment on customer service part for your area. Regarding a tune... my REVO 3 MK6 GTI is quicker than the APR Golf R Stage 3 with bigger Gt28 turbo and internals... :justasaying:

The tfsi motor needs a hpfp if you want to go 2+. The tune makes use of more fueling, with the OEM pump cannot handle.

REVO FTMFW.

PS. Plus map switching via SPS.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....

The only 2 people I know with Unitronic Golf R tunes have hated it and one switched to APR. Not to say that there aren't happy customers, but they don't seem to be posting about it.

turboteig

Passed Driver's Ed
Go APR, you won't regret the customer service. If you lived in Europe then there would be a greater debate but here in the states there is no one better. You call APR and you get a person, you call REVO U.S. facilities you will get an answering machine. Not trying to bash REVO it just doesn't seem well staffed in the U.S.

JhnR

Banned
APR has WAYYYYYY better customer service.

GIAC is good as well, check them out...

Knight

Ready to race!
I know 4 people with Unitronic Golf R tunes, two stage 1+ and 2 stage 2 and they swear by it and one switched to Unitronic. Their customer service is top notch.