GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake Removal + Install / Slight modification

PuYang

Ready to race!
Hi, wasn't sure if I wanted to post this, seeing as there are tons of great resources here and elsewhere for Intake DIYs. Plus they usually come with instructions lol.

Anywho, for those of you who have seen our other vids, may know we film these for hobbies and for documentation.

This particular video was necessary for us to make/post on youtube though, because we had a deal with our sponsors for this intake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzEYlH3mCcI

Included in this Video:
-Removal of OEM Intake (Entire Intake; back to the Turbo inlet)
-Install of the Injen Intake ("Stage 2")
*Cut for OEM MAF Sensor Housing
-Brief sound comparison in Neutral

Had this intake installed for a year now? I can't remember. Still enjoy the sound! Car is stock tune.

Over the last year, my brother bought tons of new tools for renovating his new home. Building shelves, fixing things, etc etc. Unfortunately we didn't have his new cutting tools at the time of this intake install, so please don't laugh at our newbie cutting tools! ;p One of our hand saws actually BROKE while sawing the intake pipe. It broke on the HANDLE... it just shattered. The blade was fine. You'd think the blade would snap or something, but nope, the handle shattered into multiple peices! Totally didn't expect that to happen hahaha!

Last edited:

semperfi

I can't seem to figure out how to make My own thread so ima hijack this one.... I am new been doing a lot of reading..
Anyway I have a question about carbon buildup in our engines. Would I be crazy to use nitrous once in a while to clean the intake and maybe have a little fun while I'm at it? Or is nitrous a big no no for turbo charged engines..

Sent from my SGH-I337M

PuYang

Ready to race!
I can't seem to figure out how to make My own thread so ima hijack this one.... I am new been doing a lot of reading..
Anyway I have a question about carbon buildup in our engines. Would I be crazy to use nitrous once in a while to clean the intake and maybe have a little fun while I'm at it? Or is nitrous a big no no for turbo charged engines..

Sent from my SGH-I337M

Hmmm... There is a "New Topic" button to the upper left corner if you're using a computer's browser. Not sure about Mobile browsers (I don't browse this forum on my phone *gasp*! I feel so guilty!!)

I'm not too familiar with Nitrous sorry :<