GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whole bunch of bulb out errors, all my lights work

GCGTI1

SO I have about 4 bulb out errors when I drive the car normally. If I turn the lights on then I have about 7. All of my lights work. I just bought the car a few weeks ago, and It was like that when I bought it. I found a rear LED license plate light that was out, so I ordered new ones and installed them, still have the same exact errors.

I have a Cobb Accessport coming on Friday, can I clear the errors and see if they come back? Every light, flasher, reverse light etc all work. Not sure what else to do?

Grey

caffeineTX

Ready to race!
Hi Grey,

You can clear codes with the car using the AccessPort (DTC's) but it will not code out bulb errors, for that you will need VAGCOM.

GCGTI1

Check your F16 fuse in your engine bay, they tend to run hot/melt and cause many bulb out errors

Just checked it, nothing looks melted, fuse was fine. Swapped out the fuse for a new one just to see what happens. Still all the same Bulb out faults.

GCGTI1

So I did a little more researching and realized I have aftermarket or OEM LED tails. Are my front lights stock? I guess I need VAGCOM to reset it. here are pics.