GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Golf 6 headlight update to xenon with DRL Led light

stefan_gos

Hello.

A few weeks ago, I decide to make an upgrate to my VW Golf 6.
The update is from halogen headlight to xenon headlight with DRL Led light.

All good, I buy the headlight, the AFS central module (5M0 907 357 C), the headlight AFS module (7L6 941 329 B), the xenon bulb, the xenon droser (5DV 009 000 00), and the CECM I have is 1K0 937 086 M
All of them were bought from the junk yard, from an 'donor' car that have crush and was equipped with this headlight from factory. (I take from the car included the CECM).

After I do all the work, i chenged the CECM with the one from the car, I have this error: 'Check rear left parking light!' and 'Check rear right parking light!'

All the wirring and connections was made like in this topic: http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?2183-Golf-MK6-Bi-Xenon-with-LED-DRL-and-AFS-retrofitted

Here is a link from my OneDrive with the pictures of the settings on Central Electric and with the error: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Am6kPOaDwnFwkw37u04tPhERTLLy

If some one know what to do please help. Thanks you a lot.

:cry:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
You need the 087 CECM if you are installing led drl , the 086 CECM works perfectly fine for the non led xenons, I know this as I retrofitted genuine xenons (without led) with AFS to my halogen gti using the cars original 086 CECM, the 087 Module is needed for led connection, everything else can be coded to work on the 086 CECM with just a wiring change on the adapters to allow the shutters to work, your problem is probably byte 18 related but you need to give more info and some pictures of your lights etc .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Byte 19 bit 0-3 should be set to off, or to the highest voltage to avoid damage to the xenon Ballasts.

stefan_gos

I take the headlight from a car that have a crush, and the CECM is from that car, so the 086 M work with xenon and led DRL. You have more pictures in this link from my personal one drive.

Thanks.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I take the headlight from a car that have a crush, and the CECM is from that car, so the 086 M work with xenon and led DRL. You have more pictures in this link from my personal one drive.

Thanks.

1: Do your led drl’s function as they should?

2: What part numbers are the headlights?

3: are your tail lights LED or incandescent?

4: what happens when you clear the fault codes?

As far as I know the 086 CECM doesn’t have the pins for the led drl wires to connect to so not sure what’s going on here, you NEED to give a full description of what you’ve got and what you’ve done so far.

Last edited:

stefan_gos

1. Yes, they work as they should. When the turn signal work, they reduce the intensity (look), when I power the xenon they do the same thing, I have the DRL martor in the dash (look).

2.Headlight part number is: 5K1 941 752 D

3. My tail lights is on incadescent

4.After I clear the fault code, after a few seconds they reaper.

The CECM is from the same car as the headlight, so I am prety sure it's ok. The only thing i don't know, is if that car have tail light on LED or incandescent, because the accident was in the back of the car.
How i connect all the wire i described in the initial post, everything was done like in that link.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
1. Yes, they work as they should. When the turn signal work, they reduce the intensity (look), when I power the xenon they do the same thing, I have the DRL martor in the dash (look).

2.Headlight part number is: 5K1 941 752 D

3. My tail lights is on incadescent

4.After I clear the fault code, after a few seconds they reaper.

The CECM is from the same car as the headlight, so I am prety sure it's ok. The only thing i don't know, is if that car have tail light on LED or incandescent, because the accident was in the back of the car.
How i connect all the wire i described in the initial post, everything was done like in that link.

Ok, if the drl’s are working then the CECM is good! Your problem is probably the byte 18 Coding! You should try some different codes,

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
You have byte 18 set to 04, this is for a lower software level than you are running, try 15 22 etc from the higher SWL shown above.

stefan_gos

Ok.I will try tomorow and i will come back with an answer. My car is 2010.

P.S. On byte 18 i tray everything that starts with GOLF, and neither one work :(.

Thanks for the help.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I think 15 might work for you!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
You will need to enter it manually in the coding string, be careful when doing this!