GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Charcoal canister delete. Advice needed!

mg_90

mg_90 can you tell me how did you do the canister delete? And maybe you have some photos of your underhood? i want to delete it too!) Hope you`ll help me!)

Removing only the canister, which is what I did, and leave the rest of the system to avoid any CEL is really easy. I did it about 2 years and 30k miles ago and haven´t had a single problem.

You only need to buy two K&N RU-3230 filters, or from other company with the same specifications, the K&N work perfect because they have the required inside diameter, remove the canister and place the filters in place.

Remove the line that goes from here to the canister and put one filter, or run a line to under the car.

And cut the line from the canister to the N80 and place a filter here.

Here is what the engine bay looks like.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Moretti

Ready to race!
Damn, that's clean, i hate that canister. Need to order 2 filter's for myself :D

valj

Ready to race!
Nice and tidy :)

DonkGLI

first post coming from "those other" forums. I've got a 2013 GLI and have been trying to figure out a simple solution to be able to run a quad exhaust.

since our EVAP canister is under the rear body on the opposite side of the exhaust, im wondering if any of you think there would be danger to running this K&N filter solution on the outside?

seems safe in the engine bay but just wondering if it's a bad idea to delete the charcoal canister (which is the main thing that blocks the path of running an exhaust pipe to that side) and instead run the filters in place.

thanks!

spiceman

In case someone is interested...

I deleted the canister using 2 mini K&N filters, no problems for the last 6k miles and of course no CEL.

[emoji106]
What engine code do u have? Will this mod work on a CCZ engine?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hoosier Daddy1

Ready to race!
TL;DR

All you need to do is hook up an old fuel filter from the Mk1 days through the system and delete. Provided there are no leaks you are good to go guys. No CEL yadda yadda

spiceman

TL;DR

All you need to do is hook up an old fuel filter from the Mk1 days through the system and delete. Provided there are no leaks you are good to go guys. No CEL yadda yadda
Send pics if u have bro. I want to order another cannister but thinking if this is a better option. U may WhatsApp pics to me 0832455694.

spiceman

Send pics if u have bro. I want to order another cannister but thinking if this is a better option. U may WhatsApp pics to me 0832455694.

Just FYI my car is K04.

Rsharpe2

Removing only the canister, which is what I did, and leave the rest of the system to avoid any CEL is really easy. I did it about 2 years and 30k miles ago and haven´t had a single problem.

You only need to buy two K&N RU-3230 filters, or from other company with the same specifications, the K&N work perfect because they have the required inside diameter, remove the canister and place the filters in place.

Remove the line that goes from here to the canister and put one filter, or run a line to under the car.

And cut the line from the canister to the N80 and place a filter here.

Here is what the engine bay looks like.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Did you get a ticking sound after? I did both filters and am getting a ticking from the n80 valve when fully warmed up. If plug hose it stops. Any ideas

Last edited:

mg_90

Did you get nd ticking sound after? I did both filters and am getting a ticking from the n80 valve when fully armed up. If plug hose it stops. Any ideas

That noise is the N80 opening, when removing the canister and using the 2 filters is just louder and easier to be heard, but with the OEM parts installed you can hear the same noise, but at much lower volume.

I have been using the filters for 4 years and 48k miles with no problems at all.