GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dinantronics Sport Module?

JPKGTI

Does anyone have experience with the Dinantronics Sport Module? It appears to be a piggy back boost controller that connects into the charge pipe pressure sensor and is adjustable with over bluetooth with an app. ECS tuning has them on sale for $199, which makes this really tempting, especially given the fact that it doesn't require ECU programming. Dinan claims it can produce gains of up to 25 HP and 35 lb-ft of torque.

https://www.dinancars.com/product/d...r-vag-adx-v1-20l-turbo-engines/?series=&mid=/

PS. I'm not interested in getting into the tune vs piggy back debate. I know it F's around with boost pressure to trick the car into producing more boost. I don't care that it's not a "real" tune. I just want to know if anyone has tried it and what they think of it. Thanks!

IAtegeler

Ready to race!
Dinatronics recently acquired APR and these modules afe end of life. This is why they are on sale through ECS. It is a cheap way for a little extra power while they are in sale though.

TheCor

Ready to race!
Be sure that you choose the correct model, the correct one for the MK6 GTI is model # D440-0038. I noticed that there is more than one, just a heads up.

JPKGTI

Thanks for the info! That makes a lot of sense that they would dump this product now that they have APR on board. I don't have any aspirations to modify my GTI beyond a high flow panel filter and turbo outlet pipe, so this just might be the right module for me.

TheCor

Ready to race!
Just ordered one this morning for $165 shipped off ModBargains.com.

$165 for 25HP/35TQ? Why the hell not.

TheCor

Ready to race!
Thanks, TheCor! I just ordered one from modbargains.

Nice! I will likely hold off a few months on installing it because I'm on 5 year old snow tires in Upstate NY right now. Not that I think this dinky piggyback is going to create "traction issues" on an otherwise stock car, but I think I'd be better equipped to notice any improvement and enjoy it when my Michelins are back on and the roads are clean.

If it turns out I can't wait - I'll be sure to post my impressions.

JPKGTI

I'm expecting mine to arrive Friday. I'll probably install it over the weekend. I'll let you know what I think.