GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Sound System

hiddink.gti

I recently bought an MK6 GTI and in my previous car i had a full aftermarket sound system and removed everything in hopes to put it my new GTI. I would love to see pictures of how you guys set up your sub and amps in the trunk. :D

Merelington

Ready to race!
*I had the amp mounted to the shorter side of the rear seat for a few reasons:

1) More breathing room for the amp vs under the front seat
2) Easier access to controls for when I want to tweak the settings
3) Mounted on the shorter side for more cargo flexibility
4) I straight up just like looking at it

*I opted for an 8" sub to minimize space taken up...this little monster still delivers a solid punch without being over the top.

*Tweeters and mids replaced stock speakers up front as well.

circulator

Passed Driver's Ed
I am looking into doing a full upgrade but keeping the stock deck (non-Dynaudio).

I am looking at running an amp for the speakers and one for the sub. Doing Focal components all the way around and JL Cleansweap to bring it all together.

My concern is speaker size. I am having trouble finding a size guide for the Mk6. I quoted out 6 3/4" for both back and front powered by a Focal amp which I believe I can mount under the passenger seat. Anyone know the actual size and mounting depth?

The sub (which i currently own) is in a regular box, but I am thinking about getting the ubersteath box and tucking it away in the floor of the hatch.

Any comments/suggestions are welcome!

circulator

Passed Driver's Ed
I listened to those Focals earlier today and they sounded very nice :thumbsup:

The poster above mentions that the front mids are 6.5" here:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5357

Mentions he is using them ya, I want to know what the exact spec is though. I am not sure why this is so hard to find! I might have to take the door apart and just measure ;)

I had Focal in my previous car and they were great. They reminded me of my B&W 601 bookshelves.

KitCloudKicker

Passed Driver's Ed
i installed my kenwood ddx6019 (had it in my jetta) with a jl 500/1 installed into the foam false floor (you see no wires, and retain more trunk space) with my boston acoustics SPG..

i'd love to go to a stealthbox setup, but the resale value on my SPG isnt enough to push me to swap the two... oh and it sounds too good as it is