GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Saturday May 26th Track Day @ Blackhawk Farms Raceway

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Registration and payment is now open: HPDE: http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=12903

Trying to see if anyone may be interested for this... especially those who just participated in the free track class in March. This event is NOT a high speed auto-x competition, it is just a standard "open track day" / HPDE and they will have instructors available. This track is similar to Gingerman, imho.

$160 +$6.xx online fee, or you can mail in.

A full day of open-track lapping and practice, with limited instruction available on request. There are rotating sessions for Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Comp Licenses.

Blackhawk Farms Raceway
15538 Prairie Road
South Beloit
IL 61080

BFR is about 15 miles north of Rockford, IL, near the WI state line. For map and directions see http://www.blackhawkfarms.com

I am signing up in the next few days for the intermediate group.

Last edited:

gotti1

Ready to race!
If I give you $20 can I just ride in your back seat? I can shift my weight to help you corner better. :thumbsup:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
If I give you $20 can I just ride in your back seat? I can shift my weight to help you corner better. :thumbsup:

haha, you can email them and ask if spectators are free. I'm fine with giving people rides :thumbsup:

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
i am interested just wondering if my stock brakes/suspension will be okay for this track

def going to be a beginner

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yes, if you just drive responsibly and don't try to be a hero out there, stock brakes and suspension will be fine, esp the suspension. Brakes - may want to upgrade front pads and lines if you are able to, but I've tracked the GTI stock with no probs and on all-seasons... still a great time!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh, you will need a helmet as well... www.saferacer.com is a good place to look, some decent deals for open face around $150, and full face around $269. I can let someone borrow mine (if they really need to/want to), but you would need to get a headsock/bacalavaavavavavave dealie.

legandrex

Ready to race!
Darn...was planning to go to Road America with dad and brother on Sunday before to watch historic races and put the GTI through a touring session. Wish the event at Blackhawk was on a Sunday because Saturday's mean missing my 6 year olds soccer game and that doesn't go over well at home seeing I work about 55 hours a week.

legandrex

Ready to race!
Just was looking at Blackhawk's website...didn't see anything about passenger(s) being allowed. Anybody know if you can bring one?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Darn...was planning to go to Road America with dad and brother on Sunday before to watch historic races and put the GTI through a touring session. Wish the event at Blackhawk was on a Sunday because Saturday's mean missing my 6 year olds soccer game and that doesn't go over well at home seeing I work about 55 hours a week.

ah, sorry to hear! RA is awesome, just don't know that I'd track my GTI there unless I have a K04 on. I've done it with a C6 and an STI though.

This is a bit far John lol......

I'm planning to make the Grattan in Sept though...

Andrea, true - that is a haul for you. Grattan - which day? I think I will do Sunday.

Just was looking at Blackhawk's website...didn't see anything about passenger(s) being allowed. Anybody know if you can bring one?

See if you can go on the MSCC site (should be on the myautoevents link) and it should say. You can typically have passengers in any car/group except for beginner group, in most track day/HPDE's.

chris101

Ready to race!
We will be there Sunday for the w2w races but probably not Saturday. Anyone here going to be there Sunday racing?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
At the moment I am planning to do Sat, and I might actually try to do the thing in a day...

Gotcha. Let me know if anything changes. I just think doing Sunday may be easier for me, whether I get a hotel the night before or not, its just less to deal with not having work, rush hour/friday traffic, etc.

We will be there Sunday for the w2w races but probably not Saturday. Anyone here going to be there Sunday racing?

I doubt anyone on here will be there Sunday, no.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
has anyone registered for this?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'm preregistered, but havent paid yet. probably doing that soon. You gonna go, Adrian?