GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 oil leak

CHarmer

Passed Driver's Ed
I just did an oil change recently and am having the same problems. I cant tell if where the filter assembly/oil cooler mounts to the block is leaking or if its the stupid filter cannister. Im sure the filter housing is screwed tight/ not cracked and i always use a new lubed gasket that comes with filter, and i also clean the threads on reinstall.

In order to replace the other gasket to the block, the intake mani needs to be pulled I believe, which kinda sucks. Its also a pain in the ass to see whats going on up there as all the oil seems to pool down backside of filter housing as mentioned.. I might just top up as necessary for now and ignore the irritating drops of oil and mess underneath the car.

Oh i also need a new oil pan gasket, and my vacuum pump is leaking pretty good.

Oily fucking nightmare lol.

Last edited:

Jyandrick13

yup its still leaking. I am not pulling the manifold so its either going to the garage or I'm trading it in on something else. less than 60k miles I'm not dealing with this issue forever.

CHarmer

Passed Driver's Ed
Damn, that sucks man.
It wasnt oem cannister?

Was starting to think it may be the cannister after all because there was a lot of 2.5 rabbit owners cracking them due to over tightening..

I too only have just reached 90k kms or 56k miles & am also thinking of selling. Its hard to knowing this now extinct 2.5 engine still has so much to give! Its said to be one of the stronger engines round here. It just sucks a bunch of gaskets and seals are going that add to pricey labour repairs

Having to remove the mani is not too involved d.i.y but a p.i.t.a & will only make me want to get a carbon cleaning done while its off ..$$

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
My car has 168K, no break downs, no failed parts, no leaks, driven on the track; if it was to develop a leak and I couldn't find it, or I didn't feel like doing the work, I'd pay a mechanic a couple of hours to repair it,... no big deal.

Since you have trade on you mind then go ahead! It's like saying I am thinking of divorcing my wife, if you thinking it, chances it's for the best. Just saying, as most people on here are brain washed/worn down anyway by the misguided Members on this board saying GTI good, Golf 2.5 bad. These 2.5 engines will be around long after the VW TSI engines are scrap.

If your not lazy you can remove the intake manifold in like 30 minutes, 50 minutes if you aren't mechanically gifted but can follow instructions. The parts for the seals are not expensive and will only take a bit more time to install.

Last edited:

Jyandrick13

thanks for the input and advice. I just hate that at only 60k miles its causing problems and I just got it and started paying on it. I don't want to tear into it to much as it is my poor weather daily driver and as of right now the weather here is unpredictable and I don't want to ride the bike to work in the rain.