GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4motion swapped 2.5 turbo Variant Build

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
I have one in my part stockpile (Wavetrac), but installation is another story. No one around me wants to touch this job. USP Motorsports is an authorized installer and has a great reputation, but they are 10 hours away :(

Going to have to find someone in Georgia or Alabama to do the install I think.

Ah, feel bad for you! We have a huge VW group here in NorCal. Lots of really good folks who help with installs. Hope you get to install the Wavetrac soon :)

Jarred767

Ready to race!
Just saw and read through your build and it's amazing. I just picked up an '11 of the same car (or at least the same as whstbyours used to be 6MT 4dr Candy white). Not sure if I'd take mine to the same level you have, but this is amazing, so many mods in here that I'd want to add to my list

That front end is killer too!!

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Just saw and read through your build and it's amazing. I just picked up an '11 of the same car (or at least the same as whstbyours used to be 6MT 4dr Candy white). Not sure if I'd take mine to the same level you have, but this is amazing, so many mods in here that I'd want to add to my list

That front end is killer too!!

Thanks for the kind words! And enjoy your new ride! :thumbsup:

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Few updates this week.

First up was removing the front end to delete the stock intercooler and install the Neuspeed delete brackets. I also ran some stealth lines for the upcoming Aquamist HSF4 installation.

Finally! How had you been managing without an IC in Florida? No heat-soak even with K04? This will definitely give you huge improvements :thumbup:

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Finally! How had you been managing without an IC in Florida? No heat-soak even with K04? This will definitely give you huge improvements :thumbup:

I've had a Neuspeed FMIC now since I went K04 late last year. I left the stock intercooler in place at the time, so I only removed it here and installed the brackets.

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
It was super fun building the car, but now I'm ready to try something very different. The car doesn't exactly mesh well with my lifestyle. I surf, standup paddle, cycle, explore, etc and ready to move into a capable off-road vehicle. I could never use the GTI for any of that. It's too nice. I've got a Mk6 SportWagen too, so wont be gone from the Mk6 Forums :)

Haha, totally with you there! You end up more concerned about the car rather than enjoying those activities. I am so fortunate that my wife got a Subaru Crosstrek. Now, that's our go-to car for the outdoors :)

Are you going stock to sell the car? $15k with all those mods seems too low. Either way, whoever gets your car will be really happy :)

rightcoastbias1

That was quick! Who is the lucky owner?

Me.

How about this coincidence? I sold my mk5 GTi eight years to the day for the same price. (Here's the ad. http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100738)
I took a long break from VW's after that car. I went thru a Z3M, M3, two E30s, Landcruiser, S2000, Lexus LS, and an Si. But I had to get back to a GTi. After months of searching for a clean mk6 white 4 door manual, I could not pass on Joe's car.

Within 8 hours of finding the ad, I was driving 800 miles to pick it up. The car was exactly as Joe described. It felt like a sacrilege to pound 800 high miles back home, but she has loads of power to avoid traffic. Safely home, I gave her a wash and parked her in the garage.

I apologize for not responding before, but I am not a social media or forum type. Its been 4 months and the car is as clean and cared for as it was in Joe's garage. I just don't snap as many clever pictures. :thumbsup:

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Me.

How about this coincidence? I sold my mk5 GTi eight years to the day for the same price. (Here's the ad. http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100738)
I took a long break from VW's after that car. I went thru a Z3M, M3, two E30s, Landcruiser, S2000, Lexus LS, and an Si. But I had to get back to a GTi. After months of searching for a clean mk6 white 4 door manual, I could not pass on Joe's car.

Within 8 hours of finding the ad, I was driving 800 miles to pick it up. The car was exactly as Joe described. It felt like a sacrilege to pound 800 high miles back home, but she has loads of power to avoid traffic. Safely home, I gave her a wash and parked her in the garage.

I apologize for not responding before, but I am not a social media or forum type. Its been 4 months and the car is as clean and cared for as it was in Joe's garage. I just don't snap as many clever pictures. :thumbsup:

Welcome back to the GTI family! Yep, Joe's car is one the best CWs around. Hope you enjoy it and make it better in the process. :thumbup:

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Guess who's back? ...back again!

2011 Mk6 JSW SE2.5 waiting on the GTI donor car.

This new build will feature a GTI powered wagen body. I took the last year away after selling my GTI to build a new shop to support this build (more pics of it later).

Here is the plan thus far, as we're close to securing a rear-wrecked GTI now with brokers for the donor.

Phase 1:
  • Remove engine, trans, ecu, body harness and dash from wrecked GTI
  • Remove the same from the Sportwagen
  • Swap over everything from the GTI into the Sportwagen
  • Extend main body harness of GTI for rear hatch mech and tail lights
  • Swap remaining interior pieces (seats, shifter, some trim panels)
  • Get it running and flash Unitronic Stage 2

Phase 2:
  • Pretty much replicate my GTI build in the wagen
  • Unitronic K04
  • All of the high-speed bits while staying as OEM+ as possible
  • Suprise alot of people on the road