GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Might idle kinda funny but should be ok for now.

tonymk6

Ready to race!
I just got the P2015 intake manifold code thrown at me. Can the car be driven with that code? It doesn't drive any different so I'm wondering if it's accurate or if it just threw the code randomly.

Weird, the CEL went away.. lol

webbry4

Ready to race!
Anybody know what could be the culprit with code P0456? I already checked the gas cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahard48

Ready to race!
When taking out front struts, I cant seem to lower the hub enough to free the strut (not removing the axel, and axel does not seem to have enough play to lower any further) Do i need to unbolt everything on both side for more play? or am i missing something. Removed pinch bolt, end link, and 3 lower control arm bolts.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
When taking out front struts, I cant seem to lower the hub enough to free the strut (not removing the axel, and axel does not seem to have enough play to lower any further) Do i need to unbolt everything on both side for more play? or am i missing something. Removed pinch bolt, end link, and 3 lower control arm bolts.

Push down on the control arm, and make sure you have a strut spreader, or nothin will happen lol.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Also get a rubber mallet and hit the rotor to knock it down. PB blaster the hell out of it too

ahard48

Ready to race!
Push down on the control arm, and make sure you have a strut spreader, or nothin will happen lol.

Also get a rubber mallet and hit the rotor to knock it down. PB blaster the hell out of it too

Have strut spreader tool. Also tried putting mu foot on rotor while everything was unbolted and still not enough clearance. Im going to jack up the lower control arm with the nuts on bolts to try to release some tension and try again.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Have strut spreader tool. Also tried putting mu foot on rotor while everything was unbolted and still not enough clearance. Im going to jack up the lower control arm with the nuts on bolts to try to release some tension and try again.

Rubber mallet and going to town on the rotor worked best for me.

ahard48

Ready to race!
Rubber mallet and going to town on the rotor worked best for me.

Decide to remove axle bolts and that did the trick, extra 10 mins of work made it so much easier. Fronts done. Tomorrow easy part with rears.

KDOG1

Ready to race!
So does anyone have any experience buying color matched spray paint online? and from which company if it was good.. I have a carbon steel gray mk6 and I know the code is LA9W but just wondering if anyone has a company they recommend buying from.. want to color match my rear reflectors below the LED's cause I just got new LED dark tails and just take off the tint on my side markers and paint those as well.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Decide to remove axle bolts and that did the trick, extra 10 mins of work made it so much easier. Fronts done. Tomorrow easy part with rears.

Rears literally take 20 minutes for both sides. Even less if doing springs lol.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
So does anyone have any experience buying color matched spray paint online? and from which company if it was good.. I have a carbon steel gray mk6 and I know the code is LA9W but just wondering if anyone has a company they recommend buying from.. want to color match my rear reflectors below the LED's cause I just got new LED dark tails and just take off the tint on my side markers and paint those as well.
Automotivetouchup.com

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk