GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Was this just for increased sound purposes?

It actually lowers intake noises, at least my Uni DV relocate does. Also, it allows cooler air to be recirculated back through the intake, meaning better power and takes away the DV from the heat of the turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KDOG1

Ready to race!
Refunded APR stage 1 tune and am going to be getting cobb accessport once funds become available.. wow stock had me yawning while driving haha

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Refunded APR stage 1 tune and am going to be getting cobb accessport once funds become available.. wow stock had me yawning while driving haha

Oh wow they actually gave you a refund on a tune? Smart move though.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Got Stoptech slotted rotors/pads today. Tomorrow is oil change/Injen intake/GFB dv day, so it should be fun

rzarektah

Ready to race!
Started to seal the new wheels. Second coat planned for later tonight if I have the energy.

BuiltforSin

Ready to race!
Updated my tensioner about 6 months ago, but I noticed lately there is a rattle at cold start up (If the car has been sitting, if the motor is cold). I'm thinking the chain has possibly stretched. Checked VAGCOM and there are no codes. Car has 92k on it. Should the dealer have replaced the chain and guides when replacing the tensioner? I don't want the car to jump timing, or anything to go wrong.

Is there a way to check with the new tensioner if the chain is stretched? I heard if you can count 7 teeth or more on the new tensioner then it has stretched. Does that sound correct?

Jared32

Ready to race!
Updated my tensioner about 6 months ago, but I noticed lately there is a rattle at cold start up (If the car has been sitting, if the motor is cold). I'm thinking the chain has possibly stretched. Checked VAGCOM and there are no codes. Car has 92k on it. Should the dealer have replaced the chain and guides when replacing the tensioner? I don't want the car to jump timing, or anything to go wrong.

Is there a way to check with the new tensioner if the chain is stretched? I heard if you can count 7 teeth or more on the new tensioner then it has stretched. Does that sound correct?

There's a way to check it in VCDS measuring block-093 should be between 4 and -4

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

ahard48

Ready to race!
Starting my ST coilover install tonight after work!

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I got a quote for carbon cleaning with a walnut shell blaster for $600 which I think is inline with what others have been paying. Who would recommend I get the updated intake manifold even though I don't have any issues with my current one? I'm stock but plan to tune to stage 1.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk