GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5 Malone Tuning

intanetfreak

Go Kart Champion
I've heard such mixed bags about the Unitronic ones, but I can't find enough good things about the UM ones either.

intanetfreak

Go Kart Champion
:thumbdown:

boooooo
I would consider getting Mark's tune if I can get power results first before saying yes.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Generally tuning an na car your not going to feel much of a difference unless your making major modifications to the engine. With that said the first person to figure out how to let us manual guys rev past 6500ish will be getting my monies lol.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Generally tuning an na car your not going to feel much of a difference unless your making major modifications to the engine. With that said the first person to figure out how to let us manual guys rev past 6500ish will be getting my monies lol.

Redline in 4th gear ... shift into 3rd. Boom.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Redline in 4th gear ... shift into 3rd. Boom.

Lol yea but I want to see if the theory that the 2.5 likes to rev real high is true. We're suppose to have real good top end. Although most dynos I have seen show power dropping after 5800.

intanetfreak

Go Kart Champion
Wrong Boom. I don't think he wanted his engine to explode... haha

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Lol yea but I want to see if the theory that the 2.5 likes to rev real high is true. We're suppose to have real good top end. Although most dynos I have seen show power dropping after 5800.

we have good top end with the intake manifold

torque doesnt rise, but power rises as rpm's climb

without the intake manifold.. you wont gain much power out of anything unless you go turboz

maybe 10-15hp with a testpipe and a tune

Eneubauer

Go Kart Champion
Here's my two cents on the whole getting a tune debate. I had my Car with just a pflo intake for about a year. Than went to waterfest a year ago and got the car tuned by c2 with their 93 octane race file. Was it crazy gains no... Did it make the car more fun to drive? Yes... If you have the spare money to spend and your mod list is getting short and want to kind of revamp the fun of driving your car I say go for it. Now I have the c2 Sri and I can't imagine how I drove the car without it for so long so if you have a lot of money to spend go that route. Most of the people saying don't get a tune for the 2.5 don't even have one and are just giving you information they read on these forums

Not the samething as your case. You got a hell of a deal because it was only for water fest people. Do not get a tune unless you are getting 80% off or going the Sri route. Paying 600-700$ for a tune for 10 hp is for suckers.

Eneubauer

Go Kart Champion
Not the samething as your case. You got a hell of a deal because it was only for water fest people. Do not get a tune unless you are getting 80% off or going the Sri route. Paying 600-700$ for a tune for 10 hp is for suckers.

6 or 700 for a tune?? What tune is that? Even not at waterfest without a discount it would cost 350 tops

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion

malone is liek $300 lol. not every tune has UM prices