GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dynavin D95/D99

bluvv04

Ready to race!
Ok, I don't know if anyone has discussed these units before on here since I searched it and couldn't find anything. However, like the title says has anyone had any experience with these units? My wife is in the market for a car, and she is prolly going to wind up with most likely a 2010 Jetta Wolfsburg...she likes the car since its similar to my GTI, but she wants navigation. The two I'm looking at both have RCD 510 units...I told her I'd look into the RNS 510, but the price is a little steep. So again, anyone have these or no someone who does? Are they decent?

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
i am using an android based radio right now, pretty cool if you have wi-fi or a hotspot available. Also i am running a pioneer avn8400bt. probably my favorite radio so far.

bluvv04

Ready to race!
Does your system look OEM-like like the Dynavin?

bluvv04

Ready to race!
So no one on the forums have or know anyone with a Dynavin navigation system?

Zach84

Ready to race!
Not sure where you are from (on tapatalk) but it looks like there are only 2 US distributors for them. That could be a reason no one has one. It seems a majority of the forum is from the US.

bluvv04

Ready to race!
yeah i'm here in the US...just thought with its OEM-style looks and low(er) price that someone might have had one...I may need to be a guinea pig then cause I don't wanna pay almost $2k for the OEM unit.

CFG9000

Ready to race!
I am intrigued by both this and the Audiosource OEM-like alternatives, but what makes me hold back is that nobody seems to know how to make a good demo video.

bluvv04

Ready to race!
I am intrigued by both this and the Audiosource OEM-like alternatives, but what makes me hold back is that nobody seems to know how to make a good demo video.

Well I just read one of our member's review on the Audiosource. They said its OK overall. I may need to look at that as well. I think its cheaper than the Dynavin units too.

EDIT: did you see this http://youtu.be/7mBxdlxa13M

Last edited:

pengee

Passed Driver's Ed
I have never used the dynavin or audiosource units. However, my wife purchased an autodvdgps unit for her mazada last year and all of these strike me as the same unit with a face plate to match the vehicle.

They run proprietary software for the radio, ipod, video, etc and switch input to an on-board computer running windows ce + igo for the navigation (that is why you see the sd slot labeled nav). The only neat thing about that was you could run any windows ce app as well. Honestly, the unit was more clunky than anything, the processor was a tad to slow to run the nav software smoothly and the bt mic sounded like garbage. It had some nice features like divx video playback and was a direct plug-in replacement for the stock unit, but that's where it stopped.

If you really want to keep with the stock look, save up and get an RNS315 or RNS510. If you can get over that, the name brand head units are far better than the dynavin or audiosource.

I was looking at these some more and this looks like the audio source unit here.

Last edited:

91Z28

Ready to race!
I would strongly recommend getting a factory radio as well, ive seen these things first hand, they are shit, and if you need any more convincing hit up golfmkv and just read through the threads about the multitude of issues with these units.....

bluvv04

Ready to race!
I have never used the dynavin or audiosource units. However, my wife purchased an autodvdgps unit for her mazada last year and all of these strike me as the same unit with a face plate to match the vehicle.

They run proprietary software for the radio, ipod, video, etc and switch input to an on-board computer running windows ce + igo for the navigation (that is why you see the sd slot labeled nav). The only neat thing about that was you could run any windows ce app as well. Honestly, the unit was more clunky than anything, the processor was a tad to slow to run the nav software smoothly and the bt mic sounded like garbage. It had some nice features like divx video playback and was a direct plug-in replacement for the stock unit, but that's where it stopped.

If you really want to keep with the stock look, save up and get an RNS315 or RNS510. If you can get over that, the name brand head units are far better than the dynavin or audiosource.

I was looking at these some more and this looks like the audio source unit here.

I got you. Yeah I will need to consider that. I saw a few vids of both on youtube, but I wasnt paying full attention (wife and daughter were in the room lol). I just cant come to terms with paying that money for the RNS-510. Im not sure of what the RNS-315 goes for these days. I know for the price of a RNS-510, I can go Stage 2 with money to spare, or save a little more and get a K04. Yeah for that money I'd get selfish, and have a fast car and sleeping on the couch lol.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
the only factory look alike one that is remotely any good, is the Rosen unit.

But by the time you pay that you can get an RNS unit usually