GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Custom Grille Emblem Thread (Pic heavy)

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
My Custom Grille Emblem Thread Pic heavy (Project on hold until my cnc is finished)

I decided to edit the first few posts in this thread to make things easier for everyone to find. Post #4 has the original post 1,2 and 3. So that's where it all started.

Current list

1) Heartagram131 ~ Bars W\ Heartagram
2) CSGtim ~ HC W'?
3) grecom ~ HC W\ skull
4) brucee ~ HC W\ no emblem
5) mkvi&ms3 ~ HC W\ batman (Keaton era) and Dark Knight
6)
7)
8)

LIST FOR THE NEXT RUN

1) Soulmaker1~HC W\ New Bird
2) ericdmann ~ HC W\ New Bird
3) preachtru ~ HC W\ New Bird
4) quality_sound ~ BARS W\ Rabbit, Das Ring, or WarBird, Thundercat, Every emblem under the sun :bellyroll:
5) DubbinIt ~ HC W\ ???
6) Noob_2.0T ~ HC W\ bird or a mustache
7) DubbinIt ~ HC W\ VW Gear and Wolfsburg
8) Thumper ~ HC W\ VW Gear
9) escooo ~ HC W\ decepticon
10) M.I.E ~ ??? W\ REVO
11) DCroney2.5 ??? W\ DC
12) bc9766 ~ HC W\ Empire
13) Kritter ~ HC W\ Rebel
14) bmf31c ~ HC W\ Wolfsburg
15) nadz ~ stuff?
16) MGoShadowBlue ~ HC W\ Michigan block M
17) The-S ~ HC W\ empire and or stormtrooper
18) Hexagonz ~ HC W\ Aperture Labs Logo
19) kern417 ~ Bars? W\ Wolfsburg crest
20)

Shipped

1) BeauG, Iron Cross
2) Crid, Bird
3) Eat_My_Shorts ~ HC W\ Wolfsburg, bird & New Bird {picked up one of my "B side" rings}
4) gino936 ~ HC W\ rebel alliance emblem
5) TheIronPirate ~ ?? W\ rebel alliance emblem
6) Oldschoolvw ~ HC W\ thundercat and SOWO
7) arcboy2006 ~ HC W\ Stormtrooper
8) leiito ~ HC W\ New Bird and old bird
9) Candy Coated Comet VW ~ Bars W\ decepticon
10) skf ~ HC W\ snow flake
11) siani_8 ~ HC W\ Autobot {picked up one of my "B side" rings}
12)

Pricing

These are the prices I'm looking to sell at:
$150 for a "standard" emblem (Bird, Autobot,Bio-hazard, Skull)
$150 for a "custom"emblem that is "simple",Will be determined at time of image submission (Snow flake, Loki,Thunder cat, Ect.)
$1?? for a "custom" emblem that is difficult to make. (not sure on price but not much more)
$??? For a one off emblem never to be cut for another member. This option will be a little more pricey as I will be drawing and programing it for only emblem to be made.

These prices are shipped in the lower 48. There will be extra charges for other countries if I can get it shipped there.

Again, as of right now these will ship out with out any color. Just media blasted. { I have been toying with the idea of getting a powder coating setup but am still on the fence. Not sure how big of a customer base there will be and would really like to be out of the hole at some point to use this money to mod my car }

Install Guide

Link to PDF

Andrew

Last edited:

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
Concept \ Finished Emblems

Last edited:

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
Customer Installed Pics

Last edited:

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
Original first post:
Decided to start my own thread in stead of continuing my tread jack of the Wolfsburg one. Let me know if you are intrusted and I can add you to the list, which will give me a better idea of what I'm looking at as far as material needs and machining processes to accommodate the amount of parts needed. I'm not looking for a down payment and I won't be a D-bag if you change your mind once price is posted.

Currently I'm working with matt-mk6 on a custom emblem. So he'll be first.

Trial production run
1. matt-mk6, Custom-skull-plexi ~~Sold car
2. DaWoLF, Custom-paw or wolf head?
3. Crid, Bird
4. Skywarp23, Custom, Biohazard~~Sold car
5. MISS MKVI, Bird~and a tow hook plate kit~~Banned
6. BeauG, Custom-One off

Next production run once everthing is ironed out
1. OldSchoolVW, custom-thundercat
3. hekkehd ?
4. snoman, custom-stormtrooper helmet
5. cbhood ?
6. andy-uranium, custom-Autobot or Decepticon
7. Heartagram131, custom-hartagram?
8. northfb52, custom-skull
9. Shockwave, custom-Decepticon
10. anzwhip, custom-pedo bear
11. kinetic, custom- Imperial symbol
12. BS2H,
13. SporkLift, custom-pedo bear
14. leiito, Bird
15. nafljhy, ?
16. TheIronPirate, custom-reble emblem
17.TDotDubs, ?
18.phd-12v, bird
19.HarryNipples, custom-Rebel emblem
20.brucee, no emblem
21.michal, custom-puma
22.MK6moneyGang,custom-pedo bear
23.nadz, ?
24.Krazy_z, Bird
25.Gray Bishop, Bird
26.grecom, badass skull
27.MrCradock, autobot
28.Candy Coated Comet, transformers
29.pov, ?
30.crawfish00, ?
31.L3it3R, loki
32.flyboy8784, bird
33.gino936, rebel
34.?

Pics to follow in next post(s)

Andrew

Original second post:
So the first thing I thought of was the German bird. I've been told it's a falcon by family and an eagle by others? Either way its a bird. After a few different versions I came up with one I could cut in a mill with out to much trouble.

Next I had to make a new “ring” to fill in the hole. That's when I found out the VW emblem is not a true circle. It's oblong by about 1/8”. And the hole in the center of the grille is not in center of where the emblem goes. Once I got that all figured out I set out to make the ring portion. Spend the better part of a Saturday at work drawing up the honeycomb, and then machining out the ring and honeycomb. The only reason why it took so long to machine was the fact that I was making it up as I was doing it.

Sitting in the grille

Some installed pics

Here's how I think I'll have the emblem painted

Andrew

Original third post:
matt-mk6 came to me with a request for a different emblem and using the same ring/honeycomb. Here's what he sent me

And here's what I was able to do with that image

I kinda F'ed it up on the first cut pass so I need to make another one for him.

As far as the ring/honeycomb goes, I set out to find a faster way to machine it. So this is the first one turned as a true circle. The gap isn't that noticeable, but I'll matt-mk6 get his an be the judge and let every one know what he thinks.

The skull sitting in the ring/honeycomb.

Still working on a better way to hold the emblem/ring in the grille so there's not a bar going across the back that is sorta visible. Should have it worked out in a week or two(I have some off time coming up next week)

Last edited:

El TexMex

Ready to race!
Love the craftsmanship & quality no doubt. Personally I'm still interested in the Wolfsburg logo. For me though price is definitely a factor so that will be one of my deciding points. Should the price point be too high (for me that is) using metal, would you be able to fab a piece from high grade plastic at a reduced rate?

As an example: Making a solid beveled background plate, applying a Wolfsburg Decal on top of that & then topping it off with a plexi protector. I guess it would be akin to one of those custom button making kits. If I tire of the Wolfsburg logo I can simply remove the top plexi protector, insert any decal of my choosing & then snap the protector back in place.

Last edited:

DaWoLF

Ready to race!
im interested just wanting price or whats the d payment.

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
Love the craftsmanship & quality no doubt. Personally I'm still interested in the Wolfsburg logo. For me though price is definitely a factor so that will be one of my deciding points. Should the price point be too high (for me that is) using metal, would you be able to fab a piece from high grade plastic at a reduced rate?

As an example: Making a solid beveled background plate, applying a Wolfsburg Decal on top of that & then topping it off with a plexi protector. I guess it would be akin to one of those custom button making kits. If I tire of the Wolfsburg logo I can simply remove the top plexi protector, insert any decal of my choosing & then snap the protector back in place.

I don't have any real experience with plastics or plexi. I believe plexi can be polished once cut to make the surface see through again. but not sure. And the material (metal) is not really expensive. its more the tooling, my time to develope and machine these.

I know someone will come on here and try to :flame: me for the cost if its more than a few bucks over material and shipping but I'll deal with that when/if it comes up :fighting0030:

Andrew

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
im interested just wanting price or whats the d payment.

I will post a price once I have the whole pic on what is needed, time wise and materials.

Added to list?

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
maybe come up with an idea to put a "mkvi" logo in the center or maybe a "GTI" logo.

Is there an "official" MKVI logo out there? Wouldn't it look a bit goofy to have a gti in the center and on the side?

Andrew

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!

I don't have any real experience with plastics or plexi. I believe plexi can be polished once cut to make the surface see through again. but not sure. And the material (metal) is not really expensive. its more the tooling, my time to develope and machine these.

I know someone will come on here and try to :flame: me for the cost if its more than a few bucks over material and shipping but I'll deal with that when/if it comes up :fighting0030:

Andrew

After looking at the wolfsburg image you put up a little closer, I dont think that version would be that hard to make. but after seeing some of the more detailed versions I'm not sure I could go that route?

What does everyone else think?

imagesCA6SWA2T.jpgimagesCACMXJSM.jpgimagesCAIH5F4O.jpg

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
After looking at the wolfsburg image you put up a little closer, I dont think that version would be that hard to make. but after seeing some of the more detailed versions I'm not sure I could go that route?

What does everyone else think?

I like the middle and right hand version. Not a fan of the left (outline of the wolf instead of solid wolf).

GTI logo? You could do a "fast" or a "rabbit" in the center....:iono:

Here's a fast example you could use:

Attachments

• fast.jpg
    fast.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 3,719