GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 Autobahn DSG Pricing

liftedkilt

I am looking at a '13 Autobahn w/ DSG, used (9.5k miles), selling for $25k.

The carfax says there is a lien on the vehicle. It is selling through ebay motors, and is only about an hour form where I live so I would be able to go look at it prior to paying, and would drive it home myself. Any thoughts? The price seems like a steal, but I don't know how much of a hassle a lien is to deal with.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

///Audience

Ready to race!
I picked up my 2013 autobahn dsg for $25750 delivered from out of state with 244 miles. There's likely better deals out there, however it's still not a terrible price.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
I picked up my 2013 autobahn dsg for $25750 delivered from out of state with 244 miles. There's likely better deals out there, however it's still not a terrible price.

:eek:

That's crazy! I thought I got a good deal on mine (base package) for $23,000.
That was a year ago though..

McQueen77

Banned
I bought my 2013 MKVI Autobahn new for ~29k in May, 2013. I think your pricing should be closer to 20k or thereabouts...

20k for a 2013 Autobahn with 9k miles? you're tripping balls.

clownish

just clowning around

Why is that unreasonable? As soon as it's driven off the lot, it depreciates. The car in question is still being paid off by the original owner, its being sold through Ebay motors not dealership under CPO. I think 20k for a car with 9.5k (and is the milage increasing or steady?) when you can get a brand new one exactly the same for probably closer to 27-8k now, is not unreasonable. I'm also thinking about that carmax article posted earlier this week about a ford st with 10k mi being worth about 10k less than its sticker price. Am I thinking about it incorrectly?

Edit: or are you thinking that it should be much cheaper? Kinda confused by your statement...

McQueen77

Banned
Why is that unreasonable? As soon as it's driven off the lot, it depreciates. The car in question is still being paid off by the original owner, its being sold through Ebay motors not dealership under CPO. I think 20k for a car with 9.5k (and is the milage increasing or steady?) when you can get a brand new one exactly the same for probably closer to 27-8k now, is not unreasonable. I'm also thinking about that carmax article posted earlier this week about a ford st with 10k mi being worth about 10k less than its sticker price. Am I thinking about it incorrectly?

Edit: or are you thinking that it should be much cheaper? Kinda confused by your statement...

Brand new 13 Autobahn, if you could even find one, would run you about $29k. A nine thousand dollar discount on a same year car w/9k miles on it is yes, a great deal but unusual. Whoever is selling it for that is a sad individual who is getting raped because reasonable private party on that car is like $25k.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion

I agree there is no way unless the car has something wrong with it. Even the 2012 autobahns are still fetching 23-24k with that kind of mileage.

As for the OP's situation if you think you can work out the lien issue by all means. For me personally I don't think its worth the hassle unless you have the full information on what you're dealing with.

clownish

just clowning around

You guys say that, but then there's Audience here who claims to have gotten his new car for 26k. So used 20k starts sound okay to me... I dunno. I paid, like I said, around 29k for a 4 door dsg autobahn.

liftedkilt

I actually found a different deal since that first post. 2012 Autobahn, 30k mileage, all maintenance done on time at dealership, has the service records, for $23k. All in all I think that's a pretty good deal. It's right about Edmunds TMV for the car, and I don't have to deal with either ebay or a lien.

///Audience

Ready to race!
I actually found a different deal since that first post. 2012 Autobahn, 30k mileage, all maintenance done on time at dealership, has the service records, for $23k. All in all I think that's a pretty good deal. It's right about Edmunds TMV for the car, and I don't have to deal with either ebay or a lien.

I would consider this to be a worse deal. 30k puts you right at the end of your warranty period. I feel like this car should be priced much closer to $20k. Consider looking nation wide. Delivery charges are pretty reasonable and you can find some amazing deals with dealerships looking to burn through inventory.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
It's always funny reading these threads. Op. mentioned deal is good.