GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG service cost?

Mwfitch

I recently purchased a 2012 GTI w 44k miles. I had the dealer perform a 40k service to establish a service baseline. They did not mention until later that it should have the DSG serviced. Their quote was surprising.

What should this service cost from the dealer or is it a service various shops could perform?
Thanks in advance..

SpikeyNachos

I paid $189 for the DSG service IIRC @ a reputable independent shop.

I supplied the materials. Not all shops are willing to use customer supplied materials so heads up there.

I had originally planned on DYI'ing, but had the car in for other work so I just had them bang it out also.

Seemed like a reasonable/ average price based on what others on here have paid & or been quoted. It was a long holiday weekend with traveling for me and came down to convenience since they already had my car.

Google the prices & process, etc and do what works best for your circumstances.

Last edited:

Mwfitch

Thanks for the responses. I bought the car from a BMW dealer. I wonder if the previous owner traded it to not have to pay for the 40k and DSG service. I need to come up w a good independent service in Tucson. Any other comments appreciated.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
$400 paid for maintenance every 40,000 miles is perfectly reasonable for such an advanced piece of machinery. nobody would trade in a case because of this and if they did they should have done the research ahead of time and chances are they should have bought a golf instead or something with the aisin trans with "lifetime fluid"

FF_animal

Ready to race!
My dsg service at my dealer was 265 after they applied a coupon during the summer time. Shop around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcfoo

Passed Driver's Ed
I recently purchased a 2012 GTI w 44k miles. I had the dealer perform a 40k service to establish a service baseline. They did not mention until later that it should have the DSG serviced. Their quote was surprising.

What should this service cost from the dealer or is it a service various shops could perform?
Thanks in advance..

Got my White 2013 GTI with ~44K a week or so ago too...guess what? No DSG fluid service was performed either.

Got it done today in known through this forum SoCal shop and they've charged me practically $120 + materials - if you are counting the cost of the DIY kits out there.

Whole process was about an hour (more like less than 45min really) for the technician that knew what to do - apparently - almost blind-folded. A white MK7 was getting the same treatment right next to mine...

It is not a tough process, but if you don't have the tools to lift your car it will cost you more than $120 to acquire them and most likely will take much more of your time, so at least combine it with an intake upgrade as you do have to remove relative parts anyways :D