GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I can get everything except the opening of the sunroof slider...I can get it to close with the windows...just not open... thoughts?

Opening feature on the sunroof does not work. That's probably why. ;) :D

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Awesome thread. Subscribed.

freeclimbmtb

Ready to race!

K0Z

Ready to race!
Question. Just switched out brake pads to those that do not have wear indicators. Is there a setting that can turn off both the brake warning and the "brake" light?

I think there was a section for this in the same area as the "Disable Seat belt Warning". Not 100% on that.

Legohed

Ready to race!
I don't think it's mechanical. I believe it's just built into the ABS controller. Maybe it's different in the UK though. I'd just try turning it on and seeing if it works. :iono:

Try it - the worst that could happen is that it doesn't work.

My advice is to enable it, save the settings, turn on the car and try to scan your ABS module to see if any faults come up. Then you can go out and try to see if it works
Cool. Now a dumb question: How does Hill Assist work? Does it have to be in gear or will it auto kick in when I release the handbrake on a hill?

Thanks
P.S when I take my car back to VW for any work will they know I've changed all these codes and reset them? Has this happened to anybody before?

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Cool. Now a dumb question: How does Hill Assist work? Does it have to be in gear or will it auto kick in when I release the handbrake on a hill?

Thanks
P.S when I take my car back to VW for any work will they know I've changed all these codes and reset them? Has this happened to anybody before?

I have taken my car in numerous times for warranty work, no codes were reset, nor any mention of my imense amount of vag-com tweaks

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

I have taken my car in numerous times for warranty work, no codes were reset, nor any mention of my imense amount of vag-com tweaks

I did a 20k service Friday and the service rep tells me, "Well everything looks great, but the tire pressure and traction control indicators are flashing on your dash. Do you know anything about that?"

"Oh! Whoops, must've forgotten to turn traction control back on. Thanks for the heads up, though"

"Okay good to hear. I was worried for a second."

:D

Sent via TapaTalk, butchered by autocorrect

Legohed

Ready to race!
Good to hear, lads.

>EDIT< Sorry for all the Qs, another...

If I ask the Vag-com guy to turn off the Bulb Out warning light due to exterior LEDs, will it still come back on if I have a bulb out later on?

Last edited:

K0Z

Ready to race!
Good to hear, lads.

>EDIT< Sorry for all the Qs, another...

If I ask the Vag-com guy to turn off the Bulb Out warning light due to exterior LEDs, will it still come back on if I have a bulb out later on?

You're only "turning off" the error for the rear lights, because you're changing the code to match your lights. The existing errors are then cleared out. If you have some other bulb go out you'll still get a light. As for the rears, I don't known if you'll get a light in the future.

Thumper

Autocross Champion

You're only "turning off" the error for the rear lights, because you're changing the code to match your lights. The existing errors are then cleared out. If you have some other bulb go out you'll still get a light. As for the rears, I don't known if you'll get a light in the future.

I have the spyder lights which have built in resistors, but they have been throwing a code on again off again for a few months. Usually if I turn the car off and back on it will clear itself, like the resistor is loose or something?

Anyway, I decided to try to just code to LEDs and see if it wouldn't happen and when I did that the lights threw a code EVERYTIME. I had to go in and change back to non-LEDs to remove it.

This is because the system knows what draw there should be for the LEDs, since the resistors were increasing draw it threw the trouble for the LED setting because it was too high.

So yes, if your LEDs fail later on you should get a warning light because the draw will be off and the system looks at the code to see what to look for.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Vagcom Tweak Master .PDF

Hey everyone, since i threw my back out this past week, had quite a bit of down time this weekend, i thought id finish compiling all the vagcom tweaks into one searchable .pdf document..

All the codes from the first page have been added and all the pic tutorials are within the .pdf (just click on the red link, it will jump to the screenshots) all offline...

The only time you will need an internet connection is to access the blue links.

Figured this would be useful for all of us that code peoples car's on the regular without internet connection to quick look one up, its all contained in one .pdf document.

Enjoy:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qdlqksq8y8sj27a