GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First Look: Integrated Engineering's Golf R IE450T EFR Twin Scroll Turbo Kits

Spyder368

Ready to race!
Any news on when the CAI will be available and if it will be sold separately of the 450t package?

reedsposer22

Ready to race!
IE has set out to develop a turbo upgrade kit for the 2.0T FSI MKVI Golf R which not only significantly increases the power output of the vehicle to super car levels, but also greatly enhances the driving experience. After two years of very extensive and secretive work, the time has come to release a first look behind the scenes and key features of this upcoming product release. Click the image above to see all the first look photos and learn more about our complete turbo kit solution for the 2.0T FSI Golf R engine.

Anything for a MK6 that is not the R model? This turbo kit is insane.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Any news on when the CAI will be available and if it will be sold separately of the 450t package?

Yes, so far we are working to release an intake verison for non-turbo kits as well.

Anything for a MK6 that is not the R model? This turbo kit is insane.

In the works now, hardware is almost all finalized at this point for MK6 TSI models as well.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
:happyanim: Glad to know this has been discussed internally and is a go :D When I last inquired in Jan/Feb it was not in the works :)

Yes, we were already manufacturing them for the big turbo kits and it was not much extra work to make a stock turbo/k04 version as well. The powdercoated heat shield/enclosure box has built in brackets that hold the OE rubber push-down mounts and install like the OE air box (no small hardware to hold a large metal box), has a nice built in velocity stack to allow for the huge 5" inlet IE air filter, the velocity stack tapers down to the 3.5" intake piping and makes for a solid mount for the piping. This way the filter and piping is sturdy and securely mounted to the heat shield, its not just laying in a groove on the shield allowing for movement or rubbing that could work a hole into the piping. Its a very nice and clean design for those looking for an open air filter intake with aggressive sound and solid performance. Our EFR kit requires an amazing amount of airflow, so a large intake system like this is required... however even aggressive K03 and K04 setups will perform very well with it. I have an early prototype pre-production unit on my personal K04 TSI, and I'm very happy with the fit, look, performance, and sound. In fact, it was my car that lead to us deciding to make K03/K04 intake kits as well as the big turbo intake kits.

Would love to see numbers for the TSI when they are available.

Absolutely, we will have multiple maps for TSI engines as well. Stock block and built engines along with octane variations.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Another update for you guys. The kits are being packed and verified as we speak. We are lining up a local stock Golf R to fully install the kit on from scratch and build all of our install data and finalize every single kit component one piece at a time on a stock non modified car.
Furthermore, our stock block software has been finalized and completed. We road tested it for over a year daily with two 2500+ mile road trips through high elevation, sea level, freezing temps, desert scorching heat, high humidity, and dry climate conditions as well as countless dyno time and all out assault on a demanding race track. Everything performed incredible, with nothing but pure reliable strong performance. With that done, our development car is now receiving a fully built IE engine so we can write our built engine internal files for those customers looking to get the most possible performance available. The turbo kits with stock block software are very, very close to hitting market now.

kelmadics

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you think the Neuspeed FMIC will fit the outlet pipe for this? Is the discharge pipe designed to be mated to the stock IC by any chance? I really love the FMIC and I would love to keep it if I decided to upgrade the turbo.

mlody91

Ready to race!
Can't wait for the TSI kit. I'm saving up all summer for it and an upgraded clutch to go along with it!

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Do you think the Neuspeed FMIC will fit the outlet pipe for this? Is the discharge pipe designed to be mated to the stock IC by any chance? I really love the FMIC and I would love to keep it if I decided to upgrade the turbo.

It probably wont take much to make it work if it does not fit directly. It is designed to work with our front mount intercooler kit, but the hoses are very close to OE location already. I'm not sure how your Nuespeed core will perform with this turbo however, that is a rather small core in comparison to what we are using on this.

When is this finally gonna be out?? Take my money already!

We are finishing up our release media, data, and press work for the retail release. Looks to be about a week out is all.

Can't wait for the TSI kit. I'm saving up all summer for it and an upgraded clutch to go along with it!

I do not have an ETA on the TSI kit right now, but the hardware for that kit is coming along VERY nicely at this point and is just about out of protoype stage and enterign into manufacturing. You guys are going to really like what is coming!

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
and høre it is.
Take a look at this (for you non believers)
http://youtu.be/IYaDnDitYq4

It's looking good. Let's hope the TSI gets the same love soon.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I have MKV GTI - BPY

In terms of reinforcing the motor will I need more than a set of your drop-in rods?

In terms of fueling will my APR pump be enough with stock LPFP?

Is there a tuning option for water meth (100 octane file)?

I plan on putting in LSD and fresh stock clutch pack in the DSG, is that sufficient?

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Hey, you guys found the first review video. Yes, he was very excited. That was all filmed within minutes of him picking up his car, he had upgraded from a Stage 1 tuned car. I actually posted that video so I could link to it in our product page for the IE450T kit. We are working hard on all the final design, text, data, and media for the kit release now. I'm very close to pushing the "go live button" at any time now.

I have MKV GTI - BPY

In terms of reinforcing the motor will I need more than a set of your drop-in rods?

In terms of fueling will my APR pump be enough with stock LPFP?

Is there a tuning option for water meth (100 octane file)?

I plan on putting in LSD and fresh stock clutch pack in the DSG, is that sufficient?

I'm not sure what we are doing on the BPY for tune yet, we will most likely have a software file that is lower power output than the Golf R as your factory internals are weaker. For users with built motors we will have a higher output file for use with 100 octane/water meth setups. Your APR HPFP should be just fine, for the higher output file a LPFP solution will also be needed... we have something very different and cool in the works for that.

DSG and LSD will make a very fun GTI for sure!