GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 stock turbo runs 11's new 1/4 record

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
Not yet. We got in touch but live 3hrs apart.

It will happen eventually and I will post videos regardless of outcome!

I got the popcorn ready!:fighting0030:

Seriously though, I really dislike the rear end on the mk7. I think they really dumbed down the car, just boring looking. Hope they hit the mark on the mk8. First mk6 I saw I knew I was buying 1, first mk7 said I never would.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
^^, MK7s don't show us any love on the streets.... U think they going to show U love on the strip?!?!?! :D

Last edited:

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Mk6 stage 2 is about 260hp

Mk7 stage 2 is about 350hp

And the mk7 weighs 300lbs less.

And has a proper differential...

It's a different animal man. Better in every way than the mk6. Besides price lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So a week ago I went and cosigned for my brother to get a 2012 GLI with 22.1k miles for $15.9, and was eyeballing the R, as my K04 2010 is just passing the 70k mile mark, and 6yrs. Saw the sweet, sweet Golf R and was pretty sure I had found my new sin for late this, early nxt year, but, saw that sunroof was not an option on the R, where the GTIs sunroof went panoramic on us. I know it is detrimental to peformance, but dang it, sunroof is a deal breaker for me. Now, I had no idea the MK7 GTI had that kind of headroom. On APRs K04 tune version 2.0, my 3run avg barely beat 290whp. With version 3.1 I am informed, and butt dyno confirms, that I am now some 20-30whp above that. I cane be another 20+ whp above MK6 K04 with stock turbo? Really? With diff and stock huge pano sunroof? Why would I want the 3500-3600lb MK7 R again? Damn... I did not think I would ever consider the MK7, but dang. Damn it.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
I love my mk7 don't miss the mk6 at all. Even in Stock form the mk7 shoots pretty well. I do wish I waited for the performance pack. But I don't track the car so the I just got a really sweet se with lighting package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Why would I want the 3300lb MK7 R again?

Fixed it for you. You we're off by a couple hundred pounds :)

I love my mk7 don't miss the mk6 at all. Even in Stock form the mk7 shoots pretty well. I do wish I waited for the performance pack. But I don't track the car so the I just got a really sweet se with lighting package.

Same regrets here. I think everyone that didn't get the PP thinks that at some point haha.

Last edited:

andrewha

Passed Driver's Ed
sorry we never met up, but i ran a local mk6 gt2876R apr stage 3 full bolt ons on 91 octane dsg with semi slicks

Vs

is38 mk7 full bolt ons on 100 octane, manual and on some hankook v12s.

mk7 pulled a car and a half from 60-145 both cars had traction

mk6 jumped out 2-3 cars on a 40 roll cause the mk7 couldnt hook up, and mk7 slowly reeled in but didnt pass, would have been different if the mk7 was also on semi slicks.

also would have been different if the mk6 was on 100 octane. Comparison isnt black and white, but mk7 gti with an is38 and 100 octane pulls harder than a 91 octane gt2876r on the mk6... still looking for a ko4 gti locally lol

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
sorry we never met up, but i ran a local mk6 gt2876R apr stage 3 full bolt ons on 91 octane dsg with semi slicks

Vs

is38 mk7 full bolt ons on 100 octane, manual and on some hankook v12s.

mk7 pulled a car and a half from 60-145 both cars had traction

mk6 jumped out 2-3 cars on a 40 roll cause the mk7 couldnt hook up, and mk7 slowly reeled in but didnt pass, would have been different if the mk7 was also on semi slicks.

also would have been different if the mk6 was on 100 octane. Comparison isnt black and white, but mk7 gti with an is38 and 100 octane pulls harder than a 91 octane gt2876r on the mk6... still looking for a ko4 gti locally lol

Nice race though regardless.

Im heading down to LA to pick my car up saturday. Hitting up "outcast garage" car show the same day. maybe if youre around?

SyDiko

Ready to race!
...I feel like instigating a battle....

MK7 guys love throwing numbers out there, but we've never had an MK6 vs Mk7 where all mods/fuel were relatively equal. We MK6ers are ready, but you MK7ers seem to continuously dodge the bullet. :)

Last edited: