GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

recognized1's 2011 GTI Build Thread

id keep the front ones on, they save ur paint. keep it up!

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
First Mod! Color matched rear reflectors purchased through the forums. Installed on December 3rd.

Were you able to get the stock ones off and these on without removing the bumper? I think there are 3 clips or something that hold them on, but I can really only get to 1 of them easily, maybe 2.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
I want to know this too.

I replied about this in the thread you created. Here is what I said:

It was a PITA but I was able to take them off without removing the bumper.

It helps to have skinny arms but you will need a flat head, flashlight, and some pliers. The reflectors are held by 3 clips. You want to squeeze the middle clip with the pliers and then lodge the flat head into it. Then squeeze the clip closest to the license plate and push forward. This should pop out the first 2 clips. Then take the flat head and carefully try to lodge it on the last clip(it may take some searching with the flat head before you find it) at same time carefully pry the reflector away from the bumper.

Sent from my T-Mobile Vibrant using Tapatalk Pro

jasunto

Ready to race!
I got mine from David Maus VW South on OBT around September. I like David Maus dealers, pretty easy to deal with. I love that around Orlando, you dont see many GTIs so they are kind of original. I live near the airport and haven't seen yours around. I also have 20% all the away around and it looks similar to mine.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
I got mine from David Maus VW South on OBT around September. I like David Maus dealers, pretty easy to deal with. I love that around Orlando, you dont see many GTIs so they are kind of original. I live near the airport and haven't seen yours around. I also have 20% all the away around and it looks similar to mine.

I saw that you that you replied in the Central Florida thread about tint suggestions and meet up spots. Maybe we can ride out to the UCF meet ups one Wednesday.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
recognized1,
have you considered having the mud flaps colour-matched also?

Not sure because I have seen people do that but the paint starts flaking off and/or cracking after a while.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
My Godspeed Downpipe is here...now the challenge of finding time getting it installed and flashing to stage 2