GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Torque Values (subpar)

Dooger213

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Guys,

Lately I've felt a loss in power or perhaps just getting use to stage II :( I took a couple of logs and my boost levels seem fine but I noticed engine torque values seem low? I looked around and didn't find much info... . and queue graphs!

Hitting around 290 Nm -> 214 ft lbs (crank I'd assume)
Should be hitting 390 Nm? -> 291 ft lbs :iono:

Any Ideas or do I need a k04 already :D

TheCastle

Ready to race!
Okay. This isnt a dyno run so the torque values are an estimate. How are you measuring these torque values and why do you think these measurements indicate a problem?

Dooger213

Passed Driver's Ed
Measuring using vcds and I understand that it's not a dyno, but should carry some weight don't ya think? Just don't feel the pep anymore, but could be that I just got use to it is all I'm saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Boost looks spot on, I think you are over thinking things. The specified engine torque is literally a straight line which is pretty much impossible and again without a dyno there's no real way to see if its performing well. Id take a torque VCDS log with a whole lot of salt. Boost looks good so id bet your close to on spot with power.

That being said it is K04 time regardless of how you feel your power is o.0

Edit* actually boost looks incredibly strong

SuperJ

Passed Driver's Ed
I think the ASR torque line is not a target but just a limit (for traction control). Other factors make your actual torque lower.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
From what I understand of the MED17, most control parameters are model-based. Therefore all the models are inherently tuned to the stock setup. Who knows how your tuner handles the models, whether they bothered to adjust every one or just tweaked those that matter?

I think what that is saying is that your engine is producing the greatest output it's capable of and that is 217 lb-ft (max stock torque). Too difficult to say without knowing exactly how it's calculated.

butchered by autocorrecr

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Since there are no units, are you sure its nm and not lb-ft? Those look pretty spot on for stage 1 crank numbers in lb-ft.