GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car won't start... Loud clicking :/

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
Americans don't usually get satire. It goes straight over their heads.

Generalizations are based on cultural norms that do exist. The proof is in the pudding as they say, homeless vets, people dying of curable diseases because they're poor, the dog eat dog mentality and lack of compassion for less fortunate people (because they're 'lazy bums') and an assumption of America superiority without ever having traveled outside of North America.

All of these attitudes are pretty clear in Jerome's posts.

You sound like a commie

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

speedster

Go Kart Champion

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
this is the second time this happened to me. i have juice in my battery so i know its not a dead battery, just low right?? why does this happen??

nik

Go Kart Champion
Just replaced my battery due to slow starts and it going flat overnight during a cold spell as well. Car fires up like a champ now. Few things I noticed from this car as well as others:

- Keep an eye for slower starts in the morning even after charging
- especially on this car, I noticed my footwells and trunk lights didn't switch on first thing in the morning unless I started the car, or even after leaving the car parked at the train station for 8 hours while at work. The interior lights also appeared to dim faster than usual.

after replacing the battery both symptoms went away. Oh and I went with an OEM battery. Make sure you write down the part number because the parts counter gave me the wrong battery the first time around (smaller one) if you don't carry the old one in.

202GTi

Engine

My 2009 Gti also had a loud rapid clicking. Changed the battery, no dice.

Mechanic thought it was the starter. No dice.

Ended up being the engine locked up!! No warning.

Says there was an oil leak and was out of oil. No oil warning light or nothing...