GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vibrant 1792 Bottle Style Resonator Question

flygti98

I just picked myself up a 2014 Candy White GTI and I love everything about it but the exhaust. I'm not looking to really get it much "louder", but I do want a deeper tone. I ordered a Vibrant resonator on Amazon last night and I was wondering if I swap that out with the OEM resonator, will the tone be slightly louder and deeper? I'm not really looking to do the muffler delete either unless I virtually hear no difference after installing the Vibrant resonator.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Im kinda in the same boat as you, but i have a catted billy boat DP with a 3” maganflow CBE. Im thinking about swapping out the magnaflow resonator with with either a Vibrant bottle resonator or a ultra quiet resonator. Reason why is because the magnaflow is too bassy and i want my DSG farts to sounds like gunshots. Without going with a straight pipe CB. P.S sorry for hijacking your thread.
But i think that will noticeable sound better swapping out the stock resonator.

flygti98

Im kinda in the same boat as you, but i have a catted billy boat DP with a 3” maganflow CBE. Im thinking about swapping out the magnaflow resonator with with either a Vibrant bottle resonator or a ultra quiet resonator. Reason why is because the magnaflow is too bassy and i want my DSG farts to sounds like gunshots. Without going with a straight pipe CB. P.S sorry for hijacking your thread.
But i think that will noticeable sound better swapping out the stock resonator.

My buddy just put the Vibrant resonator on his MK6 w/ a downpipe and the difference was unbelievable. Exhaust sounded even louder and deeper. No DSG farts for him though, he has a manual.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
My buddy just put the Vibrant resonator on his MK6 w/ a downpipe and the difference was unbelievable. Exhaust sounded even louder and deeper. No DSG farts for him though, he has a manual.

Awesome man, id say that itll sound good once your replace the stock resonator and if you decide to get a DP down the road itll sound even better!

avni

Ready to race!
I've been looking into this and been on the fence man!!!!!!!!!!

going WOT or cold starts sound nice..

other then that my car sounds pretty quiet.

samodeo44

I just got a vibrant resonator and muffler delete done today. The muffler delete isn't not what I would consider to be obnoxiously loud and it has a very nice deep tone now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustinT

Ready to race!
I have that exact resonator, makes a huge difference and keeps out drone. Granted, I have the muffler delete but go with the resonator first. Deepens the car.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
I've also replace the Magnaflow resonator with the vibrant bottle 3" resonator, and im impressed with the sound, the DSG farts are louder and the bass that the MF produce in the cabin was 90% gone and the drone went down also. im happy i took the MF resonator out!

Last edited:

JSwag420

Ready to race!
Did it yesterday and I'm very happy about it! Exhaust note is a LOT deeper. DSG burps are twice as loud. I can now hear my exhaust when my car downshifts. Super happy about how it sounds. I can't believe how big and heavy the OEM resonator was. The Vibrant one is a fraction of the size and weight.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
it seems to drone more than the Magnaflow with the windows up :eek: . im deciding if i should add the vibrant ultra quiet resonator or another bottle resonator but attach it to my downpipe this time.
any suggestions ?

ksandman

Ready to race!

mario01

interesting thread, I too was having the same problem

JayJayTheJetPlane

Ready to race!
Lol I have a catless 3in dp and stock catback, thinking about taking res out for the vibrant res swap since it's still a tad quieter than I'd like

ksandman

Ready to race!
Lol I have a catless 3in dp and stock catback, thinking about taking res out for the vibrant res swap since it's still a tad quieter than I'd like

I just ordered my resonator. I’ll put up a video of how it sounds when I get it installed. I have a cat less DP as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk