GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance By IE - Stage 1 tune - cruise control

Staver

Passed Driver's Ed
Flashed my car with a stage 1 tune from performance by ie. Noticing now my cruise control doesn’t work (nothing happens when I turn on the switch).

Anyone else have this problem with their tunes?

Mark

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Call the shop that did the flash and ask for the file with cc available.
I have had this happen before myself in different files

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Staver

Passed Driver's Ed
Call the shop that did the flash and ask for the file with cc available.
I have had this happen before myself in different files

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for this - I had been in touch with Performance By IE - but it was only the sales department and they assured me that it was 100% on my end and said that I would need to flash the car back to stock before they could do anything.... so it is good to hear that I'm not the only one who has had this problem.

I've pushed back and asked for confirmation as to if Cruise Control was enabled or not in the Stage 1 tune that I used.

I'll keep the thread updated.

Thanks,
Mark

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Thank you very much for this - I had been in touch with Performance By IE - but it was only the sales department and they assured me that it was 100% on my end and said that I would need to flash the car back to stock before they could do anything.... so it is good to hear that I'm not the only one who has had this problem.

I've pushed back and asked for confirmation as to if Cruise Control was enabled or not in the Stage 1 tune that I used.

I'll keep the thread updated.

Thanks,
Mark

Have you tried to unplug your battery and wait a few minutes then plug it back ? When I got my UM tune, I couldn't see my rpm and by unplugging the battery, it fixed my issue, might you give it a try ;)

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Ordered this tune yesterday and will install it when I get it on Saturday. Curious if I will have the same issue.
Chance are you will be fine, just take your time turn off all accessories including the radio and remember to hook up a battery charger before you start the tune, as both radiator fans will run for a long time, a really good wifi connection with nobody on it is recommended as well.

Good luck

Naffy

Passed Driver's Ed
i haven't had cruise control since stage 1 tune...now on stage 2 and don't have it. Not like i use it anyway. Just an FYI....

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
You should have gotten this sorted before you upgraded, the Stage 2 took the settings of Stage 1.

Staver

Passed Driver's Ed
You should have gotten this sorted before you upgraded, the Stage 2 took the settings of Stage 1.

Bit of and update - people from Integrated Engineering have been working on me - just working through confirming a few more things - looks like the cruise control bits within the ECU got flipped somehow. My dealer changed them for me and I'm confirming with Integrated Engineering that it didn't do anything to the Tune.

Wish I could do the Stage 2 Tune, but since I've got an automatic trans, I won't see any of the gain.

Mark

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Personally, after going from stage 1 to the IE intake manifold and stage 2 I am on the fence with the stage 2 upgrade. For a daily driver I think I liked stage 1 better. Stage 2 brought back some of the touchy throttle issues stage 1 fixed (I am having rpm hang again at low rpm only though) and the loss of low end torque really is noticeable. Long story short don't be too bummed. Stage 1 is still a pretty nice upgrade and definitely the best bang for the buck.

Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Hey. Guess what I lost today. You guessed it cruise control. Got a big fat error with the cruise control symbol and a ! No more cruise control. I immediately thought of this thread and just had to laugh. Turned the car off and restarted no dice. Did it again and cruise control on again. Last night had a similar issue with a headlight out error. No lights out anywhere. Turned the car off and on still there. Did it agajn gone. Is there something with turning the car off and on twice to clear a fault or something?