GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kind of cars a stage 1 GTI can keep up with/beat

Svtpony

Ready to race!
I agree, but that wasn't the case in his story.

I guess I forgot to mention that you were indeed there to witness the event unfold. Yes he was a dick, his lane was merging into one (mine) there was traffic ahead (a couple hundred yards). Previously he was swerving in and out of lanes to try and get ahead. Sit down.

Svtpony

Ready to race!
Well in the long run, all of those cars racing the GTI are money pits. I have a stage 1 and its really fun and not a gas guzzler. But speaking on a "just speed" level, the other cars are way quicker. But I think with the money you spend on them (stock) you could put into a GTI and get just as much power. Think logically kids

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
Well in the long run, all of those cars racing the GTI are money pits. I have a stage 1 and its really fun and not a gas guzzler. But speaking on a "just speed" level, the other cars are way quicker. But I think with the money you spend on them (stock) you could put into a GTI and get just as much power. Think logically kids

that's not necessarily correct.
but you know, interior.

jgebelein

Passed Driver's Ed
im hearing a lot of talk about stage 2. he has apr software from what I see in the sig. In APR software the difference between the tunes is nothing more than secondary O2 sensor is shut off, the down pipe is where the extra power comes from.

boosted135

Ready to race!
Update: You guys will like this. Some guy in a '09+ WRX was driving like a tool 2 lanes were merging into 1 and he thought he was going to pass. NOPE. I was surprised I got him, pretty close to even until 3rd gear, then walked that ass. He wouldn't even look at me after that. Embarrassed? lol

I would have gotten in your back seat for trying to speed up if I was already keeping pace and on the way to passing you because " you didn't approve of my driving beforehand". Nothing friendly or cool about this incident. Just a dangerous and stupid anecdote.

boosted135

Ready to race!
im hearing a lot of talk about stage 2. he has apr software from what I see in the sig. In APR software the difference between the tunes is nothing more than secondary O2 sensor is shut off, the down pipe is where the extra power comes from.

Correct, and boost is increased marginally from stage 1-2. Stages are just a way for APR to charge 600 for a downpipe and 300 for an intake.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
It felt like stage 2 was more powerful than 1, but I don't know. I had the downpipe installed for a few hundred miles before going stage 2, and didn't notice much difference before getting the tune. I also got a new clutch at the same time as stage 2, so I had to go easy on the throttle for a few hundred miles, so it's possible it was just my mind. I'm sure it is faster to an extent though, it's just not as big of a jump as stock to stage 1.

Svtpony

Ready to race!
I would have gotten in your back seat for trying to speed up if I was already keeping pace and on the way to passing you because " you didn't approve of my driving beforehand". Nothing friendly or cool about this incident. Just a dangerous and stupid anecdote.

Dangerous? For whom? For me.... if I didn't slam it. He was going to push me into oncoming traffic. Two options: brake or accelerate, I chose the latter. I will turn into a dick real fast on someone driving parlously. I've ridden street bikes for years; It's guys like him that have killed my friends, and given me the scares of my life. Now carry on acting like keyboard gangsters.