GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1+ at Fastivus

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I thought I give my impression of my APR tune Stage 1 w/ APR HPFP (Stg+1) So I took the plunge in Fasitvus with the encouragement of my mk6 peers:laugh:...

I have to admit my initial drive home I wasnt to impressed I honestly felt like it was ok, I mean it feels like I have stage 1 but where the hell is the PLUS

Later that night I went took it for another spin, I guess I was searching for the wow factor and I started to get impressed but still wondering If I made the right decision... My initial plan was to get a Stage 1 flash and possible a Carbonio intake but they didnt have any in stock. Besides the APR gents were hyping their HPFP and the gains were the best compliment to any chipped Golf R... but with the late night drive I was still wasnt fully convinced.

The next morning I took it for another spin... I dont know what happen but my car just converted to Mr Hyde... I mean holy shit balls.
1st gear is great:), 2nd is like:D and 3rd is an all out orgasm :happyanim: I have never felt a pull on 3rd like this. I have to admit I am a lil concern about my clutch but so far it seems to hold up well but only time will really tell.

Bottom Line HPFP is well worth it! Install and flash took about 45 mins to install altogether... and install was free:thumbup: and paying no taxes is the icing on the cake. What I find kinda interesting is the first day was like meh and the next day the car was a beast.

Now I am out for a spin

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Give it a solid 100-200 miles for adaptation..
I have heard of this before but never experienced first hand... any more power will be absolute bliss

Heat will also sap the car's performance. You'll have a blast in the fall...
been having 92-100 heat here in IE pretty much all of August so I do anticipate the cooler weather to help

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
Yessah I will. I should be down next weekend sometime and will be there an undetermined amount of time. I WILL be in the Malibu canyons. I miss it.

Pacific German

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Were you the guy who won the hpfp and tune in the raffle?

I just went catless and revo 2+ a few nights ago.. If you thought 1+ is quick wait till you go 2+ :D!

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I wish brother... that would of saved me lots$$ I made my mind up before the raffle and the guys at APR would of refunded me in case I won.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
told you it would be worth it:)

... all the tuning going on under that APR tent gave me a bit of mod fever and almost walked into the dealer to get the CW 4 door golf R sitting on the lot so I can have it tuned that day... grrr

now I'm thinking take the trade in hit and get a Golf R or use that money and go stage 3+ lol

should give me a ride in your car and help me decide...

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
told you it would be worth it:)

... all the tuning going on under that APR tent gave me a bit of mod fever and almost walked into the dealer to get the CW 4 door golf R sitting on the lot so I can have it tuned that day... grrr

now I'm thinking take the trade in hit and get a Golf R or use that money and go stage 3+ lol

should give me a ride in your car and help me decide...

:laugh: Panda you will have a major part out brother...
I'm coming back in vaca next week so yea definitely sometime after that...:D