GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hearing medal like click when I pull out of parking spot - anyone else?

Clarkson

Ready to race!
See, I just hear the click once... right when the car starts rolling.

I had the same noise in my Tiguan with 4motion. Is it possible that it's the awd system doing it's thing? I equated it to a decently loud TING while backing up or when losing grip in the front.

dm328is

Experiencing the same thing in my stock R. Usually a single click, or maybe 2-3 clicks once or twice, typically as I'm starting to back up, though may have happened as I rolled forward too. Not a good sound, never experienced on any other car. Haven't figured out where it's coming from or what's causing it yet. Not a sound I'd like to hear out of warranty.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I have a single click when pushing it in low gears and also from forward to reverse gear change. Sounds like its from the passenger side, but who knows where. Sounds like I ran over a pebble and it hit the wheel well (CLICK!)

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Originally Posted by JettaRacer<br />
Sounds like you guys are talking about the brake pads clicking in the carriers when you change direction from reverse to forward and from forward to reverse. There is play in the carriers and the pads may click a bit as the brake rotors change direction.
<br />
<br />
no, its a continuous click. for the entire time im backing up w wheels turned.
I've got this sometimes, sounds like something is rubbing almost

Sent via Tapatalk, probably with typos.

P

plac

I've got this sometimes, sounds like something is rubbing almost.

yes. i think it IS just something rubbing.. and not a big deal. someone with a go pro needs to suction it under there and find the noise for us.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Since this is not the sound of the calipers moving inside the carriers when there is a direction change in the wheel rotation, I think it is excatly the little normal sound anyone gets from the DSG engaging whenever selecting back and forth from D to Reverse.

Thing is, since you guys are manual, the clutch will engage as the car starts moving (as opposed to immediately when you move the gear lever as is the case with the DSG), this is why u would not immediately associate it as transmission-engaging related and describe it more as a sound coming from when "the car starts moving".
Pefectly normal, and will vary depending on the oil temperature of the transmission.

99bajakid

Ready to race!
odd, i get this sound too in the mornings. It only happens when the car sits overnight. Its a clunk like something falls and hits the floorboard (impossible i know, but that's what it sounds like OKAY!!!!!!!!!) :) it used to bother me, but now I just assume its normal.

My gti is a manual btw and it happens around 2-5 mph at slow take off once in the morning. after that it will never do it until the next morning. :/