GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel size

Turbo t1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

Has anyone successfully fitted 9.5x19 wheels to a mk6 golf R?

The wheels I am thinking of getting will have a nice concave face if I go to this width.

If anyone has managed it, what tyre size have you used, is your car lowered and how much, and what offset are the wheels?

Thanks.

Turbo t1

Passed Driver's Ed
Just read about this car on a different forum which states its got 19x9.5 wheels ET47.

Looks way to much poke!

sprytdi

Ready to race!
But its been done! Ive seen it in person, dont think the et was the same as the car in above post, it did not stick out that far, but the rim was right at the edge of the fender, and the tire was super stretched(for the sidewall imo) i dont think it looks all that good, your scrub angles become absurd, tire wear will be shit as well as how it tracks down the road, an 8.5 wide tire is about what you can run and still look LEGIT, imho.

Jason

Turbo t1

Passed Driver's Ed
But its been done! Ive seen it in person, dont think the et was the same as the car in above post, it did not stick out that far, but the rim was right at the edge of the fender, and the tire was super stretched(for the sidewall imo) i dont think it looks all that good, your scrub angles become absurd, tire wear will be shit as well as how it tracks down the road, an 8.5 wide tire is about what you can run and still look LEGIT, imho.

Jason

Yeah I think you're right. I will stick to 8.5 then.

Thanks for your help.