GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grovans "R" Golf MK6 (Norway)

Chrop

Ready to race!
Grovans "R" convertion Golf MK6 (Norway) - NEW rear bumper project and Tarmacs!

Its time to make my own journal of my car too.

Recently updated picture of the car by date 09.25.2011:

When i first ordered it in January 2010, i had no plans at all. Keep it clean.

Problem is, you can keep it clean even with ha few mods :p

Few months after ordering, i started looking at different wheels, VOTEX parts etc etc. List grew longer and longer.

So i ended up Buying:
-Votex front lip and sideskirts
-R20 LED Tails
-19" wheels

2.june was the big day. I got to pick up my car from the dealer.

So the first thing i got them do was to put my votex on. Then later that day i installed the R20 LED tails and put on my wheels:

Two months later i started using ebay abit more often, and bought this:

Few weeks later it arrived and i got it installed:

No coding where needed :)

Through a good deal i also bought the H&R 45mm that i will put on during the spring of 2011

Next, winter is approaching, so I had to get some winter wheels. A good deal allowed me to get the 17» Seattle wheels with Nokian tires.

Ok, i want to do something more before the winter, so I took the diffuser to get it painted in clear black, aswell as weld new exhaust tips on:

Washing time:

Finally home, HTC pictures:

During the last summer local club meeting, my car got taken a few shots off:

Still i wanted to do some more, so i ordered the R/GTI/GTD rear wing and got it installed:

Old break light

On with some paint that make the glue stick better, abit sceptic about that at that point :p

Wing and mountingbracket:

Assembled:

Endresult:

Looks like his GTD

Random images:

WINTER IS COMMING TO TOWN:

Pluss i had more spare money to use, ebay.de ended up with:

Few weeks later, knowing i had it in my garage i decided to get it painted and put onto the car.

So this is my end result.

Custom foglight adapters with alot of two component glue...

Endresult

OFCOURSE, the KUFATEC adapters had to arrive few days later:

In order to connect the LEDS to the car i used these two items:

Disables the standard parklight pins, disable front foglights. And activates the LED pins in the light adapters. With none of the LEDS connected i did not get any errors at all. Means the LED Strips wont make any errors if coded with this adapter.

These are the adapters bought from Kufatec. Halogen/Xenon version has to be selected.

Now in order to get them run as DRL, you need to do some coding. I have a receipe, BUT, i havent tried the receipe yet. Because i need to get the hold of a friend with VAG COM and some time.

Last weekend i got them working properly with some coding:
Results at Night:
Switch in "0" gives this, Witch is the same as the day with the switch in "AUTO":

At night with the switch in AUTO or in "1" gives this, LED in front is dimmed and is now parklights:

With the switch in Park, the front headlights are off, and the LEDS are dimmed. the tails are on as normal.

Results in the Day with the switch in AUTO:

As it is Christams today im gonna reveal some of my plans for 2011

First im gonna do is to buy a new camera. Doing that on the upcomming monday.

Then during january/february im gonna get GTI exhaust. Late March the lowering kit is going live, aswell as black roof.

Last edited:

Chrop

Ready to race!
Those wheels are HIDEOUS! Everything else looks really good though

I thought they looked good before i bought the car. I think they will look abit better when my car is getting lowered tho :) Alltho its no secret ive been checking out other wheels during the winter :p

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Great build thread, lights, and i really like the wheels. Merry Christmas

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
I like the photo sequence showing the build, nicely done.

Golf_TDI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Excellent build my friend! I have the exact same car 2011 TDI candy White 4 dr here in the states... You've done exactly what I want to do with mine only downside here is I can't get my hands on any R20 nose pieces unless I go aftermarket or spend $2500 for the OEM setup... How much were you able to scoop up the nose piece for? looks like it came with all the LEDS and grills etc. Was it a direct bolt on or was it a real pain in the ass to install?

I tried wrapping my hood a few days ago by myself but that was a major fail.. Hoping to do it again today but have some other people to help hold it off the car while I squeegie it down. Plan to do the center of my hood, roof nd mirrors in gloss black.

What wheels are on the R model next to your car in the photos? Those look pretty sharp, been looking for a set of black wheels. I like the VMR 712's but might be a bit pricey for me at this stage.

guesswho1983

Ready to race!
i see that you change the stock wheel with a gti wheel.i know someone who made the same operation but it s cost double cause it were necesary to buy also a airbag for gti wheel cause the airbag from wheel stock doesn t match with the gti.
u made the same operation?!???500e wheel ,500e airbag....uff

Last edited:

Chrop

Ready to race!
+1. they dont go with the car at all. rest is awesome tho.
Thanks, wheels, ill think will do better when i get it lowered, atleast it looks good in photoshop :)

Very nice!!!!!!
Thanks, really need the good comments to keep going :)

I like the photo sequence showing the build, nicely done.
Thank you very much! more to come!

Excellent build my friend! I have the exact same car 2011 TDI candy White 4 dr here in the states... You've done exactly what I want to do with mine only downside here is I can't get my hands on any R20 nose pieces unless I go aftermarket or spend $2500 for the OEM setup... How much were you able to scoop up the nose piece for? looks like it came with all the LEDS and grills etc. Was it a direct bolt on or was it a real pain in the ass to install?

I tried wrapping my hood a few days ago by myself but that was a major fail.. Hoping to do it again today but have some other people to help hold it off the car while I squeegie it down. Plan to do the center of my hood, roof nd mirrors in gloss black.

What wheels are on the R model next to your car in the photos? Those look pretty sharp, been looking for a set of black wheels. I like the VMR 712's but might be a bit pricey for me at this stage.

I found the bumper on ebay.de using google translate to navigate. arranged with the seller witch shipping company to use. as DHL where very expensive. 2 weeks delivery time no faults. i won a bidding and ended up paying 1333$(including bumper, shipping, toll). I thought the bumper where a used part, when i got it, it seem very new including all the parts. Maybe a demo part. Installing was easy. as the pictures shows, no issues :)

Ye gloss black is what im gonna do to my roof during the upcoming week, and mirrors later, maybe paint them.
Witch will match the R vents, wheels, and the painted GTI diffuser i will get on soon too :)

The car next to mine, is actually a GTD. his latest news is that he has done the R exhaust now too. So thats means his car looks like an R. (to expensive to buy). I dont know witch wheels he got. i can ask him later when i see him again later the upcomming week :)

i see that you change the stock wheel with a gti wheel.i know someone who made the same operation but it s cost double cause it were necesary to buy also a airbag for gti wheel cause the airbag from wheel stock doesn t match with the gti.
u made the same operation?!???500e wheel ,500e airbag....uff

PM :)

i wish i had the big kmh in the mfd. the car looks good.
Thanks dude. i guess it cant be hard to get the big version. Tho i cant direct you to what to do :)

Stay tuned everyone who checks into my topic. Few more things are getting done next two weeks. :thumbsup: