GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake Manifold going bad? Best OC mod friendly dealer for warranty?

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
Welp, it seems like my gti needs a new intake manifold :/ (2014 GTI DSG, Cobb "stage 2" OTS, accompanied w necessary mods, 27xxx miles, lame.)

Im thinking its the manifold after no power response under hard acceleration in the low end, with the dsg kick down not responding, then a sudden surge of power around 4th. Thought my exhaust fell apart when the car suddenly got power and began to pull lmao.

Although no CEL was or has been thrown, along with my accessport showing normal AFR (sits around 14.6 cruising) and boost psi (18/22peak), the car really wouldn't give the power it usually gives me immediately. Tested it out plenty of times on the 5 fwy as I was traveling from Rowland heights to San diego and back the past weekend. It would occasionally perform as requested when I'd pull against other drivers for a bit from a roll, but most of the time coming from the low end (i.e. fwy entrances) it would give me problems.

Im planning on taking it over to Puente Hills VW soon, anyone know how they cater to TD1 kids :yikes:? (I took it to Cerritos VW previously while i was "stage 1" for the waterpump when it took a shit on me at 8000 miles smfh, but Im way more modded now and too far from Cerritos :/)

Also how long does the warranty service take, given that they have the part in stock? This conveniently starts to happen literally days before I need the whip daily for my new job :thumbdown:

Thanks folks.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I just had my intake manifold code p2015 replaced at McKenna dealer on beach Blvd in HB right before my accident. Ask for Alex at service department he will take care of you. Tell him Alex referred you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
That's a great idea but he asked for somewhere near OC. Pasadena quite a distance from OC but he should be fine at the HB dealer. I just got mine repaired there and I'm full bolt-ons stage 2. Well i was

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
That's a great idea but he asked for somewhere near OC. Pasadena quite a distance from OC but he should be fine at the HB dealer. I just got mine repaired there and I'm full bolt-ons stage 2. Well i was

How long does the service take? Do they provide a loaner?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
How long does the service take? Do they provide a loaner?

In order to get a loaner you have to make an appointment which is the downside but Pasadena usually always has a loaner available. All the times I've gone to Pasadena they have always provided me a loaner. Try calling to make an appointment at Huntington Beach dealer maybe they have a loaner

Mk6_vic

Ready to race!
Try switching your intake box and take it in into Puente hills. I've done work there before when I was stage 1. They replaced my water pump when It shit out. Replaced it no questions asked . Since we have extended warranty on the manifold I don't see why they wouldn't take care of it for you.
The only down side I think is that you have to pay $100 for them to even review your car. They may or may not find something. If there's a check engine light on that's good news regarding the manifold. id ask for KIEN. Don't go to the othe guys. KIEN understands vw owners mod their cars so I'm sure they can help out.
If not Puente hills. Try Alhambra man. That's my second choice of dealer.

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
Just called Puente Hills VW, said they wouldnt do the warranty work until after I fork over $130 for the diagnostic fee. Lame.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Call McKenna Volkswagen of Huntington Beach and ask for Alex. I just had warranty work done there. He will help out. Just the loaner portion would be an issue if they don't have anything available

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
Call McKenna Volkswagen of Huntington Beach and ask for Alex. I just had warranty work done there. He will help out. Just the loaner portion would be an issue if they don't have anything available

I just spoke to him and he said diagnostic would be 148.88 and that he helped you out because you werent tuned lol. Said you had a vacuum leak and was able to do it under warranty because you had a dsg tune only. Told me itd be hard to get me under warranty because Id flag as td1 as a result of my stage 2 tune. Guess Im shit out of luck here.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I just spoke to him and he said diagnostic would be 148.88 and that he helped you out because you werent tuned lol. Said you had a vacuum leak and was able to do it under warranty because you had a dsg tune only. Told me itd be hard to get me under warranty because Id flag as td1 as a result of my stage 2 tune. Guess Im shit out of luck here.

Wth lol I'm full bolt ons stage 2, that sucks. Just take it to Pasadena then they will for sure cover it and will provide a loaner. Either Claire or the other guy Rodney I think his name is will take care of you