GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Uncentered License Plate

brucee10

Passed Driver's Ed
I was staring at the rear of my car last night (6 days mine) and I noticed that the license plate is not centered in the opening for it. Does the dealer decide on the mounting point, or is it factory? Does anyone else have this issue? I'll post a few photos tonight when I get home from work.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Yep, Dealer does this.

Is the issue left to right or top to bottom? If top/bottom you can adjust mose plates a bit to even things out, or at least adjust the frame to trick the eye a bit. If it is a left/right issue I am afraid you may be out of luck unless you can get the dealer to fix it.

RatherBeInCabo

Ready to race!
Mine is way off to the left. I just decided to accept it, only fix is to add some more holes.

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Yes the dealer does it but they made an ash of mine, its centred but they have put the screws 25mm/1" from the edge which means if I have a euro plate then screws will interfere with the emblem, to***rs. ;)

brucee10

Passed Driver's Ed
here's the photo I promised

Attachments

• DSC_2706.jpg
    DSC_2706.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 193

brucee10

Passed Driver's Ed
I just did a few measurements from the photo and I don't know if I can center the plate without the right hole being visible. I wish I would have spotted it before I drove off last week. Do you think they would fix it or does it require a whole new bumper? Maybe I'll just get a wide license plate frame if I can find one that doesn't look fast and furious.

pvivino

Ready to race!
The dealer messed it up - make them fix it. Likely they will just slide it over so the original right hole is just behind the edge of the plate frame. If that is all they will do make them throw in some VW frames to replace the tacky dealer frames.

Boomers

Ready to race!
I would take it back and make them give you a new bumper cover... but I am a bit of an asshole.

+1

I learnt beforehand that the holes weren't drilled thanks to this forum because I would never have thought to look at this. I warned my salesman that they better not fuck it up or they'll be relacing the cover.

I would go back at the very least to tell them to fire the cockeyed bastard!