GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car won't start... Loud clicking :/

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
Man some of these help my car ____________ threads scare me. Is the golf platform the starter car for kids or something? I thought everyone on the planet has had a piece of shit car that didn't start from time to time. The world has gotten way to soft.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Repooc

Ready to race!
+1 on dead battery.

Happened to me after Christmas after a deep cold spell... got boosted and it lasted another 3 weeks until it died again after another cold spell.

Finally said Eff it, and went and bought a new battery. Now it starts EVERY TIME without hesitation.

Uberryan

Banned
But all of the interior lights and headlights are working

Keep in mind, the battery needs to a high enough amperage to turn the car over. More important than voltage, is amperage. As the battery discharges, available amperage drops dramatically. If the battery has a dead cell(s) it will be below the required amperage. Suffice to say, other electronics that don't require that much voltage will function ok, but the car will not start. Average battery supplies 12.5 volts and 9.4amps are required to turn the car over. Battery is comprised of 6 2-volt cells. If one fails, the output will take a severe hit.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Man some of these help my car ____________ threads scare me. Is the golf platform the starter car for kids or something? I thought everyone on the planet has had a piece of shit car that didn't start from time to time. The world has gotten way to soft.

:laugh:

Can't say I disagree. It's not just the Golf platform, though, or even teenagers; it's all drivers in general.

KAW96

Passed Driver's Ed

you mad bro :mad:

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
Honestly I would get the one with the best warrantee to price ratio. Walmart usually dose a good job on that front. Most batteries minus the gel cell or race batteries are recycled anyways.

speedster

Go Kart Champion

The GTI was my first car at 33. I always lived in major cities and rode a bike / used public transport.

I bought the car cash. Instead of wasting money maintaining pieces of shit for the past 15 years I saved up down payments for 4 investment properties.

Not sure what's soft about that?

ThatVWGuy

Ready to race!
I'll vote for battery as well. My wife's old car (2007 Altima) did the same thing. Instead of slowly trying to turn the motor over as I was used to with other cars it just clicked when the battery had a bad cell that caused it to lose charge over the weekend.

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
The GTI was my first car at 33. I always lived in major cities and rode a bike / used public transport.

I bought the car cash. Instead of wasting money maintaining pieces of shit for the past 15 years I saved up down payments for 4 investment properties.

Not sure what's soft about that?

I would consider a pos car a rite of passage for the average male American. I would assume most of the American population live outside a population center that has affordable mass transit. Even living in larger cities such as Atlanta I never found that living with in walking or biking distance to my job offset the cost of living in the city. I did grow up in a rural community where driving was mandatory so I do have that experience. But hey not everybody has the same lifestyle or experiences, if you didn't get around to owning your car in till later on then that's just the way the chips fell.

There are however some basic understanding and troubleshooting skills that are needed to efficiently work a motor vehicle. Now I'm not saying that you are this way at all just in general I feel that you should know more than just the basics of any tool that you use. But it looks like most Americans feel that a car is just that a tool to get from A to B. If I'm not mistaken there's even a troubleshooting guide in the back of the manual but I would have to look and verify that the symptoms that were posted in the original post were listed. That doesn't mean you should be able to overhaul your own engine rebuild a transmission. It does mean however that if you're stranded somewhere because of a dead battery you don't have to call a tow truck and take it to the dealer to have the battery charged that's just an example I'm not talking about anybody in this thread.

If you're Canadian then I apologize one because you're Canadian and two because you're not American.

Merkle

Banned

The dude just asked a question, chill.

Merkle

Banned
There are however some basic understanding and troubleshooting skills that are needed to efficiently work a motor vehicle. Now I'm not saying that you are this way at all just in general I feel that you should know more than just the basics of any tool that you use. But it looks like most Americans feel that a car is just that a tool to get from A to B. If I'm not mistaken there's even a troubleshooting guide in the back of the manual but I would have to look and verify that the symptoms that were posted in the original post were listed. That doesn't mean you should be able to overhaul your own engine rebuild a transmission. It does mean however that if you're stranded somewhere because of a dead battery you don't have to call a tow truck and take it to the dealer to have the battery charged that's just an example I'm not talking about anybody in this thread.

If you're Canadian then I apologize one because you're Canadian and two because you're not American.

There is some logic in there.

Canada owes us one for Bieber. :laugh:

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
Haha long day at work. I work with people dumber than anyone that is on this forum I get a little better sometimes