GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The amount of BMW owners on here is TOO DAMN HIGH! #19

Status
Not open for further replies.

formul8

My GLI farts
Motorcycles... no. I hope the nurse is against it.

My mom was a nurse on the Ortho floor at a busy hospital. They call all motorcycle riders "organ donors." The majority of severely banged up patients came from motorcycle wrecks.

Last edited:

GTIJenn1

Go Kart Champion
I'm pro motorcycle, obviously. There's danger in everything. Nope, you can't control the actions of others, but to spend you life afraid of something is worthless.

Neek, baby, you know I love you more than anyone in here, but your arguement about seeing the bodies of motorcyclists post accident can be applied to anything. You see the bodies of automobile accidents, bodies of the elderly, bodies with prolapsed vaginas, bodies from skateboarding accidents, bodies of bad relationships. So I'm not supposed to drive a car or grow old or have a vagina? I can't have a relationship (although this doesn't fit well into the analogy)? Idk, I see it differently.

Never live your life on the "what ifs" or out of fear. We're on this planet too little for all that kind of thinking.

formul8

My GLI farts
I'm pro motorcycle, obviously. There's danger in everything. Nope, you can't control the actions of others, but to spend you life afraid of something is worthless.

Neek, baby, you know I love you more than anyone in here, but your arguement about seeing the bodies of motorcyclists post accident can be applied to anything. You see the bodies of automobile accidents, bodies of the elderly, bodies with prolapsed vaginas, bodies from skateboarding accidents, bodies of bad relationships. So I'm not supposed to drive a car or grow old or have a vagina? I can't have a relationship (although this doesn't fit well into the analogy)? Idk, I see it differently.

Never live your life on the "what ifs" or out of fear. We're on this planet too little for all that kind of thinking.

The obvious allure of motorcycles is the danger factor. The problem is when people ignore that factor and push the risk higher by being stupid. Most bad or fatal motorcycle accidents are from the rider doing something stupid. It's always fun scraping your loved one off the pavement with a shovel.

Darwinism + physics = motorcycles

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

I see more from motorcycles than any of the others, except elderly falls. :laugh:

Definitely more debilitating injuries from them as well. Cars are very safe nowadays. They are taking the fun out of running a seemingly good car accident for us. :(

I got no issues with other people riding them, RESPONSIBLY. However, most do not. You may, but not always. Let's face it, people buy motorcycles because they are fast and it is a rush to ride them. I know how I drive a car.... I would kill myself on a motorcycle.

I am not talking about danger that is out of our control, because that would be asinine to worry about. I would never leave the house if that were the case. I am talking about putting myself in dangerous situations. No way I could trust myself to have the restraint on a motorcycle. Therefore, I do not ride.

If you can't swim, stay out of the pool!

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
I love eating waffle taco's, so delicious, none of that Taco Bell garbage though.

I'm kind of thinking that might be our only option. It might actually work out for the better too, because then my wife won't be quite so far away from work. I know she'll have a hard time with that. Plus the logisitics of getting the kids to school before she has to leave for work...haven't quite thought that all the way through yet.

I like it.

Yeah, I could imagine that would sway your opinion pretty easily.

That makes sense. At least it seems like if you do make the decision you guys seem to have a pretty solid plan. Hope it works out for you guys

Ah. Your body has not been the bad ones that I have picked up. Sure, there is danger in everything. As a cyclist, I know there is danger. But, I am not going as fast as a motorcycle. I am not generally in traffic, nor ever on the freeway. Where I ride is on roads with not heavy traffic. You might say there is more motorcycles on the road than cyclists, but not where I live. I see more cyclists day to day than motorcycles. I have yet yo go on a bicycle accident that has resulted in paralysis, loss of limb or death. If you add those three together I easily have over 20 for motorcycles.

As someone who supports a wife and two kids with two car payments and a mortgage, it is just a gamble I am not willing to take given my experience in seeing the potential results.

Motorcycles are sweet though. I would love a cafe racer.

True but I guess for me I can weigh the risks of it because I know what to look for and what to pay attention to. I feel like as long as I don't go beyond what I know can handle or do then I should be fine.

I find it comforting being inside a metal box with wheels.

You can be a good rider (giggity..thats what she said) but you cant really control the actions of people around you.

That is the thing I pay attention to most. I don't assume that drivers will do the right thing so I drive to make sure that I always drive with space and make myself as visible as possible

Well, I'm going to the zoo for a few hours. Going to surprise my son, he's on a field trip there today and my wife is chaperoning...nothing going on at work so I'm getting the fuck outta here.

I approve of your decision

Hai everyone!

Hi Jenn

I completely agree with this. My dad has had his bike for years, supported a wife, kids, important job, etc. Still walking around healthy and everything is fine with him. It's all about paying and know what you are capable of.

WAP

Go Kart Champion

LOL, this is awesome.

Hatnin?

Edit: Hi Jenn!

formul8

My GLI farts
I see more from motorcycles than any of the others, except elderly falls. :laugh:

Definitely more debilitating injuries from them as well. Cars are very safe nowadays. They are taking the fun out of running a seemingly good car accident for us. :(

I got no issues with other people riding them, RESPONSIBLY. However, most do not. You may, but not always. Let's face it, people buy motorcycles because they are fast and it is a rush to ride them. I know how I drive a car.... I would kill myself on a motorcycle.

I am not talking about danger that is out of our control, because that would be asinine to worry about. I would never leave the house if that were the case. I am talking about putting myself in dangerous situations. No way I could trust myself to have the restraint on a motorcycle. Therefore, I do not ride.

The worst are the ego-idiots with those 200mph crotch rockets. Several people I've known have been killed doing dumb shit on them. They think they're invincible.

GTIJenn1

Go Kart Champion
The obvious allure of motorcycles is the danger factor. The problem is when people ignore that factor and push the risk higher by being stupid. Most bad or fatal motorcycle accidents are from the rider doing something stupid. It's always fun scraping your loved one off the pavement with a shovel.

Darwinism + physics = motorcycles

False. The "allure" of motorcycles to me isn't the fact that isn't dangerous. Maybe it is for others, but motorcycling gives me a kind of driving experience that I can't get from a car. It's like flying. It's freeing. When I'm on a motorcycle, it's me and the machine between my legs (giggity). No cell phones, radio (unless I have my iPod in), only me and my thoughts. It's an excape. Go ahead and use drugs with the hipsters at Coachella. I'll stick to my motorcycle.

This. OMG this. I do trust myself to have restraint, OR not to do something stupid. I'm a good driver, on 2 wheels or 4. Motorcycling has made me a better car driver, because on a motorcycle, I have to look out for myself 424052348975x more.

It's all about personal preference, and I wish others would realize that. I'm not talking directly to you, NEEK because you have the concept, but for others: it's not my problem that I am more capable of doing something you don't trust yourself to do. If you think you'll be reckless, have at it, but I'm not. Period.

Ok, off this soap box now.

GTIJenn1

Go Kart Champion
The worst are the ego-idiots with those 200mph crotch rockets. Several people I've known have been killed doing dumb shit on them. They think they're invincible.

This is an issue with the RIDER not the machine. Not all riders are "ego-idiots" or "think they're invincible".

GTIJenn1

Go Kart Champion
Also, I called the dealer and I'm going to pick up some touch-up paint after work. My trip down South a 3 weekends ago left me with 5-6 deep rock chips and I don't want them to rust. Any suggestions or tips on applying the paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.