GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011-2014 Water Pump Recall Incoming

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
It's not that difficult to replace. And why would you want the dealership to replace it every 10K miles anyways??

It may not be difficult to replace but since I've never done one I really don't want to learn on my DD. and every 10k miles? Never said I wanted that done. But knock on wood, I am stock and drive the hell out of the car every day and haven't had a single hiccup. 46k miles in a year and 7 months must be what helps LOL.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
It may not be difficult to replace but since I've never done one I really don't want to learn on my DD. and every 10k miles? Never said I wanted that done. But knock on wood, I am stock and drive the hell out of the car every day and haven't had a single hiccup. 46k miles in a year and 7 months must be what helps LOL.

It's either DIY, pay an indy shop or deal with the stealership. When mine started leaking, I didn't want to bother the latter because I just don't trust those mofos: that's why I replaced it myself. It's not as bad as you think. If you know how to tinker on cars, you can manage.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
It's either DIY, pay an indy shop or deal with the stealership. When mine started leaking, I didn't want to bother the latter because I just don't trust those mofos: that's why I replaced it myself. It's not as bad as you think. If you know how to tinker on cars, you can manage.
How much was the part and approx how long was the job? Any specialty tools required?

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
so is the service campaign forever gone?

This is the only information I have from VW:
We would like to inform you that the 19K5 service action has been temporarily deactivated. Please hold on to the currently allocated parts for this campaign. Any repairs performed today can be processed as normal through SAGA. We will inform you when this campaign will be reactivated.

They sent us specific repair parts so I expect something is coming.

Cbax38

Ready to race!
Just an fyi, i brought my 2013 27k miles in 2 days ago for water pump failure, just got the car back today and the service manager said it was a redesigned pump. Who knows though.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Just an fyi, i brought my 2013 27k miles in 2 days ago for water pump failure, just got the car back today and the service manager said it was a redesigned pump. Who knows though.

What part# was on your service ticket? That's the only information I would go by.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion

For the price I would most likely do it myself. But knowing my luck something else will fail and won't be covered :lol:

SnackyJ

I literally just took my car in last night for a new water pump. They called me this morning saying it was done.

I really hope there was/is some new info/parts given to the techs before they worked on my car. But given most of the posts in the WP thread, I'm almost positive its a question of when.

If it happens again I don't really know if this "recall" gives me any more peace of mind. It kinda does, but if it's not truly fixed then I'd rather have a car that doesn't inconvenience me once a year.

I would be much more at ease if there were specifics on what the "official" problem is in VWs terms, and what the "official" solution would be. Not just, "We fixed the pump with a new one."

Something like, we upgraded the seals, or our techs now clean and replace leaky oil seals, including installing a more stout water pump, would go a long way with me. I'd be more apt to keep this car and maybe even buy another VW in the future...but unfortunately I don't think even VW knows how to finally solve the problem...

...or maybe they do and this is what this service thing is all about. One can only hope.