GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

gokturks

Banned

Now have187b Y510 software with bletooh c210.

We keep searching C 210 no buddy find anything:(

GtiJase

Passed Driver's Ed
I cannot see the point in moving up to the either C or newer E if these really are newer or just different letter for different market.

My 187B works just as I want with android auto, Radio works perfectly I have no main complaints with mine.

The only thing I would like to change on mine is the standard boot logo to the GTI boot logo. The image for it is there in the firmware file just gotta figure out how to change it.

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Yeah yet to see a benefit to swapping. It's not like android auto is ram intensive when it's just a slaved remote screen sharing type app.

gokturks

Banned
I cannot see the point in moving up to the either C or newer E if these really are newer or just different letter for different market.

My 187B works just as I want with android auto, Radio works perfectly I have no main complaints with mine.

The only thing I would like to change on mine is the standard boot logo to the GTI boot logo. The image for it is there in the firmware file just gotta figure out how to change it.
Your 187b desay or no name ?
if noname then you can install android auto..
for boot logo you cannot change you can change only winCe 187A Desay model..
or if you know how you edit linux then you can edit boot logo.. have GTI picture in Firmware

iceorbital1

Got a RCD330plus 187b desay from ebay for Christmas https://www.ebay.com/itm/222691363032?ul_noapp=true . Install was plug and play (minus deactivating the reverse camera) and didn't have to disconnect the battery to get sound to work (tho i did anyways). Works as advertised minus the documented quirks

Anyhoo, i'd love to code dynaudio support on the radio, but vcds will crap out with an out of range error when trying to change any of the relevant bits on 56 radio. I have a 2012 golf R with nav and dynaudio, so i wonder if i need to disable anything on can gateway to get the car to forget the old rns315 and accept the codings for the RCD330.

I read a lot of forums here and there, but nothing seems to work for me. Any ideas?

gokturks

Banned
This is the screen cap from the real R340G in the newer Polo

this is not real one because C or E Nobody knows wich one is real :)
but dosnt matter no need to pay much money its same shit 187B C and E
just we need to find c210 bluetooth firmware for 187b hw : 534 or 541

Last edited:

gokturks

Banned
Got a RCD330plus 187b desay from ebay for Christmas https://www.ebay.com/itm/222691363032?ul_noapp=true . Install was plug and play (minus deactivating the reverse camera) and didn't have to disconnect the battery to get sound to work (tho i did anyways). Works as advertised minus the documented quirks

Anyhoo, i'd love to code dynaudio support on the radio, but vcds will crap out with an out of range error when trying to change any of the relevant bits on 56 radio. I have a 2012 golf R with nav and dynaudio, so i wonder if i need to disable anything on can gateway to get the car to forget the old rns315 and accept the codings for the RCD330.

I read a lot of forums here and there, but nothing seems to work for me. Any ideas?
i dont think so geteway accept rcd 330 because its not factory radio from vw .. if you want dynaudio then go buy mib II orginal vw radio but you need to adepter for connect because after 2015 model its different plugs

gokturks

Banned
It is real. But it's for R340G. Look here Indian Polo Thread
How can you say it's not real? What's your reason?
The reason chinese sellers change device number and Sw number with firmware
they add hw on HU and change it Hw number.. normaly all HU are 187B Noname

how you know this 340G books for tis radio ( 187C ) ?

if 187 C is real then whats 187 E ?

gokturks

Banned
Just take a look on my link above.
i already know what you mean and link.. i just say 187 C not mean orginal

https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/models/ameo.html

what do you think about this ?
look at radio its look same but this is oem .. they have 2 different radios .. with cd and no cd and this radio for indian volkswagen cars..

187 B - C or E just copy ... not oem HU ( chiness copy it )
Your link show books rcd340 but radio picture show 187C with russian spanish portuguez languages from indian place..
Just be smart.. Volkswagen never put Russian portuguez or spanish languages to indian car becuse this car sale from india :)

chiness sallers playing with frimware and sale it more expencive then 187B .... so .. no need spend much money for C or E ... buy 187 B noname then just install Firmware with android auto and thats it.....

Last edited:

spopinski

Passed Driver's Ed
i already know what you mean and link.. i just say 187 C not mean orginal

https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/models/ameo.html

what do you think about this ?
look at radio its look same but this is oem but this is MIB II G .. they have 2 different radios .. with cd and no cd

187 B - C or E just copy ... not oem HU ( chiness copy it ) Volswagen never put Russian portuguez or spanish languages to indian car becuse this car sale from india :)

so .. no need spend much money for C or E ... buy 187 B noname then just install Firmware with android auto and thats it

The review was from factory fitted HU in Polo. You can see language selection in the thread. No mention of Chinese unit in the review.