GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

loose intercooler hose or turbo outlet/inlet pipe connection

digital_mystik

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello,

So I recently had my old APR intercooler and Neuspeed turbo outlet and inlet pipes installed on a newer car.

I didn't notice anything strange until I got on the freeway and heard the telltale hissing and had a serious loss of power.

Is there a way to get to the hoses and connections without having to take off the front end? I guess I can do it but haven't done it before.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
just jack up the front of the car and remove the belly pan. You can reach all piping from there. You have to remove the inner passenger fender liner to reach the one clip to disconnect the TOP completely though iirc.

digital_mystik

Passed Driver's Ed
just jack up the front of the car and remove the belly pan. You can reach all piping from there. You have to remove the inner passenger fender liner to reach the one clip to disconnect the TOP completely though iirc.
Sounds good, I'll do it tomorrow. Would you happen to know if the inlet pipe is reachable as well?

It didn't look like anything popped off on the passenger side but it was just what I could see from the engine bay.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion

digital_mystik

Passed Driver's Ed
I know neuspeed tops had fitment issues I would recommed getting rid of it and getting the Awe s3 style top. The awe s3 style top is the best one on the market imo.
http://www.urotuning.com/AWE-Tuning-S3-Style-TSI-Turbo-Outlet-Pipe-p/7210-13016.htm
Thanks, I'll look into it. I never had a problem on my old car with the Neuspeed one.

I just need to be able to fix it by Monday to get to school and work. Money is tightish at the moment but I might get that if the problem persists.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Sounds good, I'll do it tomorrow. Would you happen to know if the inlet pipe is reachable as well?

It didn't look like anything popped off on the passenger side but it was just what I could see from the engine bay.

Yes you can remove that one completley by remoing he belly pan