GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Button on pillar at side of drivers seat??

Marvin

Ready to race!
How many makes or manufacturers of cars are available in N.America compared with here, in the UK. It would seem, from my limited knowledge, not so many. I'll have a look at my WhatCar magazine and see how many makes we can have, assuming of course we can afford to buy them!

Let's start with Audi, BMW, Mercs, Vauxhall, Ford, VW, Citroen, Peugeot, Nissan, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Kia, Ford and on and on and on.................................. I'll count the actual number later and post here.

Done the count, according to Whatcar there are ca. 44 makes of car including exotica such as Ferrari, Lamboghini etc. and Rolls Royce.

Last edited:

Thumper

Autocross Champion
:lol:I know, I suppose we shouldn't be complaining since we're getting the better deal in the USA. :w00t:

Of course the european GTI comes with different equipment as well. Euro switch standard, upgraded center console, rear sensors and camera, upgraded head unit, upgraded color MFD, and more. It's hard to do a direct comparison...but comparing the fully loaded euro version to our fully loaded is impossible. Maybe our loaded model to their base model.

I agree that the taxation over there is pretty bad, but since I live in california it's actually not much of a stretch. The nanny laws protecting myself from myself would be worse. But again I live in california so again not much of a stretch. Lol.

And it is only getting worse here everyday so I might as well have a great history and the great cars.

flug2012

Ready to race!
Of course the european GTI comes with different equipment as well. Euro switch standard, upgraded center console, rear sensors and camera, upgraded head unit, upgraded color MFD, and more. It's hard to do a direct comparison...but comparing the fully loaded euro version to our fully loaded is impossible. Maybe our loaded model to their base model.

I agree that the taxation over there is pretty bad, but since I live in california it's actually not much of a stretch. The nanny laws protecting myself from myself would be worse. But again I live in california so again not much of a stretch. Lol.

And it is only getting worse here everyday so I might as well have a great history and the great cars.

It's hard to do an apples to apples comparison but at least we do not yet have exorbitant taxes. In Holland alone the tax on cars is 18%BTW + 20%BPM !

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
It's hard to do an apples to apples comparison but at least we do not yet have exorbitant taxes. In Holland alone the tax on cars is 18%BTW + 20%BPM !

A car is also not really necessary in most of Europe due to their much better public transit. Have to pay for it somehow.